Author Topic: What constitutes "many votes" with WebRep?  (Read 3169 times)

shipshape

What constitutes "many votes" with WebRep?
« on: November 30, 2011, 05:30:00 PM »
With regard to WebRep and the ratings bar displayed with websites, when it says "... based on many votes" or "no rating - not enough votes" - How many votes are required to be rated? What are the various thresholds to gain a "based on many votes" note or any of the other vote quantities, for that matter? Just curious. Couldn't find any articles about it by googling for it. Thanks.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: What constitutes "many votes" with WebRep?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 05:32:24 PM »
Those figures as far as I'm aware aren't published and are also subject to change. So I don't think it can reasonably answered here.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

rogo

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 10:39:42 PM »
Those figures as far as I'm aware aren't published and are also subject to change. So I don't think it can reasonably answered here.

DavidR
    My question would it not be advisable to have a scale instituted by Avast to determine the webrep of the site?? This would give a gauge for the members when the access the site. I would seem not to be to hard. for example a 5 star scale.
* = malicious beware
**= Cautious
***= Good
****= Very good
*****= Excellent

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 11:04:38 PM »
What might not seem hard may not be the case, e.g. there are three bars in the small icon try squeezing 5 stars into that Icon and it won't be so small.

Not to mention Malicious if know would be blocked by the network and or web shields. There is currently no interface between the virus labs data and the web rep, that at some point will happen. But as far as I'm aware as an avast user not employee, is the three bar multi colour side of it would stay. So 3x3 gives nine options/possible levels of classification.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security