Author Topic: Avast Version 6.0.1.367  (Read 2883 times)

rogo

Avast Version 6.0.1.367
« on: December 01, 2011, 03:30:18 PM »
This is just info for everyone. I am running the newest version on a laptop duel core windows 7 64 bit 4 gigs of ram. It has run flawless!!!!! No problems whatsoever. I am running firefox, and using windows firewall.
 I have read some of the problems the members have encountered, just wondering if the third party firewall that they may be using is not compatible with Avast. Also IE especially 9 does not play well with some anti-virus.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: Avast Version 6.0.1.367
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 04:14:46 PM »
This is just info for everyone. I am running the newest version on a laptop duel core windows 7 64 bit 4 gigs of ram. It has run flawless!!!!! No problems whatsoever. I am running firefox, and using windows firewall.
 I have read some of the problems the members have encountered, just wondering if the third party firewall that they may be using is not compatible with Avast. Also IE especially 9 does not play well with some anti-virus.
Third part firewalls can cause problems with an av if there not set up correctly but iv never heard of IE9 causing a problem with av's, where did you hear that  ??? dont believe everything you hear  ;)

iyogisolutions1

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 04:15:27 PM »
I have read some of the problems the members have encountered, just wondering if the third party firewall that they may be using is not compatible with Avast.

Hi,

Avast internet security and third party firewalls may conflict each other.Only Avast free or Pro will be compatible with a third party firewall.

The only firewall that is compatible with Avast internet security is the Windows Firewall

Regards,
  iYogi Solutions Team.

weymouth1950

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 04:47:15 PM »
I downloaded Windows 7 firewall Control, which gives standard Windows XP firewall a little more control. Works with no conflict with Avast! Give it a try, satisfaction guaranteed. Got mine through CNet.

rogo

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 09:44:25 PM »
Third part firewalls can cause problems with an av if there not set up correctly but iv never heard of IE9 causing a problem with av's, where did you hear that  ??? dont believe everything you hear  ;)

Hi craigb:
   Your 100% right I read a thread on another forum a few months back that a member claimed to be having problems.....I won't believe that thanks ;D  Now the only problem that I know for sure with a compatible problem with avast is Comodo Firewall. It has been determined a driver of Comodo is causing conflict on Avast Boot Scan. It happened to me....when I had the firewall installed and performed a boot scan at the end of the scan got BSD and dump to prevent damage to my PC.....  Sent the file to Avast tech support and they confirmed the problem to be Comodo. I uninstalled Comodo and now using Windows Firewall and no problem.....