Author Topic: update alert without update  (Read 2291 times)

jr971

update alert without update
« on: November 19, 2004, 11:18:00 PM »
Since the recent automatic upgrading of Avast I am frequently getting the little red box pop up telling me there was an error in avast being able to update one thing or another..
even if I have my firewall disabled and click on update for Avast..I am informed everything in my Avast program is currently updated.
Any ideas why I'm getting the red alert false alarm and what I can do about it?

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re:update alert without update
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2004, 11:36:42 PM »
I mould suggest that you try a repair of avast - add remove programs, select avast anti-virus and click on the Change/Remove button (may not be available with some OS), then select Repair from the menu, you need to be on line for this.

Reboot and check again.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

jr971

Re:update alert without update
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2004, 12:55:10 AM »
DavidR.
 Thanks for the suggestion..I'm running win2k..and have found not all programs with a repair option will always be available when I go the add/remove route.
But I'll give it a try..I can always cancel out if that option doesn't present itself.