Author Topic: Avast EasyPass Questions  (Read 24625 times)

Offline Dark Smoggie

Avast EasyPass Questions
« on: December 02, 2011, 02:48:58 AM »
Thinking of purchasing EasyPass but was wondering a few things.

1. As I'm going to mainly use this for remembering passwords to forums etc, anyone know if Avast EasyPass automatically addes the website address to the program or does this have to be done manually.

2. Is there either an Export\Import or a Save\File feature, so if Windows needs to be re-installed I can simpley Import\Load the file and all the passwords will added to the websites that I use passwords for?

Chris

Offline MartinZ

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
Re: Avast EasyPass Questions
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 09:44:37 AM »
Hi Chris,

thank you for your interest in avast! EasyPass.

ad 1) Yes EasyPass installs a plugin to the browser and automatically tracks the logins. So if you enter your login information on any page it will offer you a saving to the password/login list. You just decide Yes/No. No URL typing is needed.

ad 2) Your passwords are synced in the cloud so in the case of PC change it's very easy to get your passwords. But there is also an export/import option in Options->User Data

Regards,
Martin

schmidthouse8

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 01:23:07 AM »
Hey Hoe:
Does EasyPass work inside the 'SafeZone'. I know RoboForm doesn't work for me in SafeZone??
Thnx. ;D

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 01:27:54 AM »
Hey Hoe:
Does EasyPass work inside the 'SafeZone'. I know RoboForm doesn't work for me in SafeZone??
Thnx. ;D
Well... I hope not. Even being from the same company, I think they should not open this backdoor. Of course, I'll rectify if it can be technically done with completely safe.

But, you're right, right now nothing goes "in" the Safe Zone.
The best things in life are free.

Offline MartinZ

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 11:32:05 AM »
Hey Hoe:
Thnx. ;D

Hi,

no EasyPass doesn't work in SafeZone.

NiCoCep

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2011, 03:01:21 PM »
Hi,

If I have correctly understand the way it works :
- we install the soft on one our more PC
- The different PC will have access to the same Forms/Pwd information due to the sync in the cloud.

Because I use your tools I always use complex password.
Now I am on a public laptop, not authorizaed to make installation. And I want to find one of my log/pwd. How can I proceed?

Sorry for my bad english, and thank you in advance for your reply.

Nicolas

Offline MartinZ

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2012, 06:24:23 PM »
Hi Nicolas,

thank you for your question. Unfotunately the web access to the synced passwords isn't available. You have to install the software on every machine you would like to use them.

Martin

cramer515

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2012, 02:34:17 AM »
I bought Avast EasyPass in October that I planned to use for two computers.  I ended up buying a new MacBook Pro to replace one of my computers shortly after I purchased Avast.  I found out that Avast does not work with the Apple operating system. 

I called for a refund, which took a very long time with two representatives.  I received a confirmation email on October 31, 2011 telling me that the refund was being processed.  I still have not received a refund.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2012, 03:33:04 PM »
cramer515, did you asked for a refund for avast or a 3rd party reseller?
Maybe you could send an email to
The best things in life are free.

suep503

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2012, 06:35:28 AM »
I have EasyPass on my PC & trying to sync it to my new laptop. It's asking for my user name but I don't remember creating one. I've looked everywhere on the Avast websites for help but I can't find anything. Please tell me where to go to find my Avast Easy Pass user name.

Offline MartinZ

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2012, 11:19:01 AM »
Hi suep503,

please send an email to support@avast.com

Martin