Author Topic: Win32:Malware-gen  (Read 8534 times)

CARME

Win32:Malware-gen
« on: December 02, 2011, 08:53:46 PM »
I have an IMAC and AVAST detected Win32:Malware-gen. I moved it. Now AVAST does not detect it any more but some times the computer has the same symptons as before (a noise, words write just in the oposite direction...). What can I do ?

iphone900

Re: Win32:Malware-gen
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 10:22:20 PM »
win32 - windows malware  ;D

CARME

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 06:27:50 PM »
What can I do to solve this problem?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 06:31:24 PM »
I suggest:

1. Clean your temporary files.
2. Schedule a boot time scanning with avast with archive scanning turned on. If avast does not detect it, you can try DrWeb CureIT! instead.
3. Use Comodo Cleaning Essentials (CCE), or MBAM, or SUPERantispyware to scan for spywares and trojans. If any infection is detected, it is better and safer to send the infected file(s) to quarantine (Chest), rather than simply deleting them.
4. Test your machine with anti-rootkit applications. I suggest avast! antirootkit or Trend Micro RootkitBuster.
5. Read these instructions and provide more info with the logs generated. But, please, do NOT post there, open a NEW thread for your specific problem and help us to help you.
6. Clean your Hosts file (replacing it) with HostsMan tool.
7. Disable System Restore and then reenable it again.
8. Immunize your system with SpywareBlaster.
9. Check if you have insecure applications with Secunia Software Inspector.

If the infection avoids booting the computer, take a look here http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=79107.0
The best things in life are free.

CARME

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 07:01:32 PM »

But are you aware that I have avast MAC beta version? I do not see the possibility to schedule a boot time scanning. I am sorry, how can I do it ?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 07:05:32 PM »

But are you aware that I have avast MAC beta version? I do not see the possibility to schedule a boot time scanning. I am sorry, how can I do it ?
Sorry, my fault. I did not see the subforum I was posting.
The best things in life are free.

CARME

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2011, 07:07:25 PM »

Someone can help me with WIN32:Malaware-gen in an IMAC ?

Offline mity

• Avast team
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2011, 02:26:52 PM »
Just few notes:

We don't know what you mean by "words write just in the oposite direction...". Such description is just too vague. Are you talking about avast! app? Or all apps on your system? Can you post some screenshot?

I don't think that Win32:Malware-gen (as a windows malware) could harm your MacOS X, so I tend to guess the issue "words write just in the oposite direction..." is not related to the presence of Win32:Malware-gen anyway.

Regards,
Mity