Author Topic: Mac Beta Free Edition (Feature Requests)  (Read 3433 times)

TaKiLLeR

Mac Beta Free Edition (Feature Requests)
« on: December 04, 2011, 06:01:40 AM »
1) it would be great if there was a option to choose from the menulet to manually update VPS/Virus database and turn webshield , filesystemshield , mailshield off & on?

2) have the ability to scan removable media like cds/ipods/usb/dvds and check box which ones the user wants to scan automatically when put into the mac?

3) have a progress bar showing the download time & progress of the VPS/Virus database updates?

4) have a chest for virus

5) have updater that updates the application like (sparkle)

6) on the status GUI have and area where it shows last virus detected & last web attack block

all the 6 feature requests would be AWESOME to have in the next beta if possible or in the future? :)      
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 03:18:17 AM by TaKiLLeR »

SamEdge

Re: Mac Beta Free Edition (Feature Requests)
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 11:23:01 AM »
Running latest beta 35600b on 10.6.8.

Feature requests:-

Disable auto SSL detection for given POP/IMAP hosts - force unencrypted, STARTTLS, SSL as can be done for Windows version.

Per host option expanded to include disable mail shield might be nice too, as would disable web shield for specific hosts in case of problems with HTTP-based application protocols.

Ability to configure ports to monitor for web/mail shield transparent proxy instead of just checking 80, 110, 143, 25.

When mail shield manual SSL config is done using an FQDN instead of an IP address, have avast honour the DNS TTL and refresh the list of IP addresses upon which to trigger whenever the TTL expires. (Would love this to be implemented in Windows version too.)

Some sort of diagnostics log so that I can check that mail connections are encrypted or not. (I can use netstat and similar but it's a bit fiddly. A text-based event/activity log would be better. Again, would like this on Windows version too.)

Configure file shield exceptions.

IM, P2P shield etc. at some point.

More fine grained configuration of all shields in general.

But so far, apart from the timeout problem with mail shield I've reported elsewhere, the new version is looking very promising. Thank you.

Offline mity

• Avast team
Re: Mac Beta Free Edition (Feature Requests)
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 12:27:36 PM »
Well, our to do list includes some of the features you are asking for. But we don't want to make any promises about the features so do not ask which ones ;-)

At least I can disclose that filesystem shield exceptions are already implemented in our SVN so stay tuned. You will find them in the next beta refresh.

Regards,
Mity