Author Topic: Windows Repair 1.5.3 (All in One) now recommends avast!  (Read 3899 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Windows Repair 1.5.3 (All in One) now recommends avast!
« on: December 03, 2011, 12:43:56 AM »
Tweaking.com - Windows Repair 1.5.3
Removed Panda cloud antivirus from the program and put Avast as a recommendation

Tweaking.com - Windows Repair is an all-in-one repair tool to help fix a large majority of known Windows problems including registry errors and file permissions as well as issues with Internet Explorer, Windows Update, Windows Firewall and more.

Malware and installed programs can modify your default settings. Tweaking.com - Windows Repair is the tool you need to restore Windows original settings.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/System-Tweak/Tweaking-com-Windows-Repair.shtml
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Windows Repair 1.5.3 (All in One) now recommends avast!
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 01:28:38 AM »
Interesting as essexboy has started to use it in some of his malware cleaning routines as the malware can damage windows settings.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

YoKenny

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 02:04:30 AM »
Well it TOTALY MESSED UP MY XP PRO system and I had to use System Restore to get it back functioning! :o

Thanks to System Restore I now have a functional XP Pro system!

I could not even get the system to power down so I had to use the big POWER OFF button then hit F8 to restore to the last Known Good Configuration:
How to start your computer by using the Last Known Good Configuration feature in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307852

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, 01:31:24 PM »
Hmmm... I haven't test it...
Does Essexboy have anything to say about? ???

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2011, 01:48:07 PM »
I only see him using it in the malware removal topics he hasn't said much about it.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2011, 01:10:16 PM »
I have no problem with it at all - any programme like this is always tested on my system before I even consider getting any one else to use it

YoKenny did you do a system restore as it requested prior to any work (and it does strongly recommend that you do not miss that step)
What did you try to do that broke the system ?

YoKenny

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2011, 02:17:19 PM »
YoKenny did you do a system restore as it requested prior to any work (and it does strongly recommend that you do not miss that step)
What did you try to do that broke the system ?
Thankfully I did set a System restore point as the application recommended it then I ran Tweaking.com - Windows Repair with its recommendations then it asked for a reboot and the system would not boot up and all of my Desktop was blank so I tried to reboot but I could not even get Task Manager to come up as I wanted to use it to reboot the system.

I could not even get the system to Shutdown and the only way to Shutdown was with the Power button so that is when I decided to use the System Restore so that I could go back to to the last Known Good Configuration.

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2011, 02:54:13 PM »
What elements did you select though ?

YoKenny

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2011, 05:02:00 PM »
What elements did you select though ?
I do not remember but I did not change any of the settings before I ran it.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2011, 12:54:19 AM »
If it is not broken, fix it ;D