Author Topic: ** INTRODUCING: avast! Mobile Security Beta **  (Read 11370 times)

Offline chocholo

• Poster
  • BSC, GSC, MCP
    • Avast
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 07:23:18 PM by Vlk »

lazysheep

Re: ** INTRODUCING: avast! Mobile Security Beta **
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 05:18:02 AM »
just downloaded this.  so far so good.  i do have a 1 complaint:

can you change it so that the avast! icon is only present in the notification bar when the program is actually doing something?  having it there constantly is incredibly annoying - sort of like a non-zero inbox. 

i couldn't find a way to turn off the avast! icon.  please let me know if there is a away.  if not, i hope you can include it in a future update. 

i'm seriously considering not using this app because of this.

cooby

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 05:20:36 AM »
But it's an indication that Avast! is active - just like in Windows. It's needed IMO.

lazysheep

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 05:37:07 AM »
But it's an indication that Avast! is active - just like in Windows. It's needed IMO.

yeah, but you can hide it in windows.  there's no way to hide it in android.

it should just be silently running in the background - i don't need a reminder of it every time i look at my phone. 

lazysheep

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 05:42:11 AM »
i'm suddenly getting forced closed errors.  i click on the app and it seems to open, but then closes suddenly.

i guess that does it.  deleting app...

samsung epic 4G touch running android 2.3.4

rajm11

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 09:52:15 AM »
I want to use this mainly for antitheft, however My device ( tab 10.1) is not rooted & is with stock everything.
Where do i go to add whitlest of SIM cards? cause I use number of sims on same device so I want to add those sims in here. Also I am cofused about getting it locked by SMS. Does this feature means, if a thief insersts another sim,A message will be broadcasted by using HIS sim ???

SafeSurf

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 11:21:21 AM »
I downloaded and installed the Avast Mobile Security beta with no problems and set it up fine after rebooting.  It was after the 2 - 4 reboots that I kept getting a message to force close Avast due to errors, so I did.  After this, I got messages to force close the phone due to errors and I had to pull the battery and uninstall the app. for the phone to work again and do a Master reboot, now all works well again.

I have an unrooted Samsung Infuse with no other security software on it.  Previous AV was uninstalled and cleaned (like CCleaner), then rebooted prior to installing Avast.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 11:28:10 AM »
I downloaded and installed the Avast Mobile Security beta with no problems and set it up fine after rebooting.  It was after the 2 - 4 reboots that I kept getting a message to force close Avast due to errors, so I did.  After this, I got messages to force close the phone due to errors and I had to pull the battery and uninstall the app. for the phone to work again and do a Master reboot, now all works well again.

I have an unrooted Samsung Infuse with no other security software on it.  Previous AV was uninstalled and cleaned (like CCleaner), then rebooted prior to installing Avast.

Is your phone rooted? It looks like you selected "root installation" on a non-rooted phone...
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

tarkboffin

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2011, 05:25:05 PM »
I installed the program as root, my phone is a rooted with Superuser v3.0.7 (41). SU did not ask me to add Avast, however and it is not in the SU list of applications.

If I try to start Avast through the notification icon or the program icon it FCs. With AntiTheft enabled it FCs on startup. I can go into AntiTheft settings and disable it. This has happened from the first installation and after every reboot.

Any suggestions?

as it is not in the root list can I just uninstall it, or do I have to follow the more complicated root instructions?

Cheers
m.

reinhardholzner

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2011, 11:10:08 AM »
please wait for the next beta update which will contain fixes for your problems.