Author Topic: Not getting locked  (Read 14867 times)

Vicenteriv

Not getting locked
« on: December 07, 2011, 05:00:17 AM »
Hey there, I've been trying by all means to get my phone locked like it should in case of loss/robbery, but nothing happens. I even borrowed my brother's phone to try sending command SMS'es from his phone, simulating a theft event (And while at it spamming both the numbers I got saved with SMS'es, which are limited to me to a certain amount per month), simulating lock, EVERYTHING! But yeah, nothing happened.
By the way, on the SMS sent to my brother when the phone supposedly got locked (Yes, it sent an SMS back to him saying that it DID GET LOCKED), it said my phone was at Croatia. Also when I tried the SMS-commanded lock, it rebooted, and after I introduced the PIN number to unlock my SIM card, it rebooted again, and the same when manually rebooted after that.

Phone: LG-P500h (V2.3.3)

Yeah, I'm from Chile, sorry 'bout the english, kinda bad sometimes I know...
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 08:52:34 PM by Vicenteriv »

reinhardholzner

Re: Not getting locked
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 12:29:43 PM »
hi

thanks for your report

a) did you get an reply "the phone is now locked" when you sent the lock command?
b) did you try to simulate lock? (main menu -> menu key -> simulate lock) - if yes, what happens?

thanks for helping
Reinhard

spideyx

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 01:33:49 PM »
reinhard:
...(Yes, it sent an SMS back to him saying that it DID GET LOCKED, it said my phone was at Croatia. Also when I tried the SMS-commanded lock it rebooted, and after I introduced the PIN number to unlock my SIM card, it rebooted again, and the same when manually rebooted after that.

Vicenteriv

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 03:14:42 PM »
a) did you get an reply "the phone is now locked" when you sent the lock command?

Yes, I did.

b) did you try to simulate lock? (main menu -> menu key -> simulate lock) - if yes, what happens?

It asks if i want to proceed, telling me that the phone will lock for the next 10 seconds as it'd lock in case I sent a command. 10 seconds after, I get a new pop-up: "Simulation of incoming lock command succeeded", but it never locks.

Also, I'm starting to think on the possibility of uninstalling/reinstalling the whole app, even though it might be a pain in the a**, as it's a rooted installation xP
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 03:17:34 PM by Vicenteriv »

Vicenteriv

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 07:47:46 PM »
Ok, I just used Root Uninstaller, uninstalled both the AV and AT part of the app and then got it back on, same issue as before (IDK 'bout the GPS one, not testing it anytime soon I think)

dbareis

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 05:20:05 AM »
hi

thanks for your report

Does the app:

(a) Set up a Lock Code (that is not make the phone go to the lock screen)
(b) Force the phone to go to the lock screen
(c) a+b

Most similar apps only do (a) which means that while there is a lock code you won't need it until the phone is left idle for whatever timeout period the user has configured.

Vicenteriv

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 05:50:30 AM »
I didn't really get your question, but I think you're basically asking what does the app do, and giving me 2 choices; Thing is, the app DOESN'T DO ANYTHING! It says it'll lock the phone for 10 seconds, but it doesn't lock the phone, sending me to the lockscreen nor it asks for a code.

Also, as mentioned before, the GPS coordinates sent to my brother's phone after sending the "LOST" and the "LOCK" commands (It actually said that my phone was SUCCESFULLY LOCKED, but IT DIDN'T) say that my phone is in CROATIA, when it is here, in CHILE.

Recently discovered that the SMS and Call Filter isn't working, or that's what it seems, didn't try  much TBH.

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Massive Poster
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 10:34:50 AM »

Recently discovered that the SMS and Call Filter isn't working, or that's what it seems, didn't try  much TBH.

Is this the same issue as described here? http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=90133.0

Filip

reinhardholzner

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2011, 03:19:46 PM »
hi i will have to look into that on Android 2.3.3.
Thanks for the input.

Yes, I did.

It asks if i want to proceed, telling me that the phone will lock for the next 10 seconds as it'd lock in case I sent a command. 10 seconds after, I get a new pop-up: "Simulation of incoming lock command succeeded", but it never locks.

Also, I'm starting to think on the possibility of uninstalling/reinstalling the whole app, even though it might be a pain in the a**, as it's a rooted installation xP

Vicenteriv

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2011, 05:52:21 PM »

Is this the same issue as described here? http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=90133.0

Filip

I was already aware of that problem so I did play around with time settings but nothing. I will keep trying and inform you of the outcome.

asrhael

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2011, 11:20:20 PM »
Same phone, same country, almost the same bug.

LG P500h over Android 2.3.3. and i tried the "lock" SMS command with no results (only play my "siren sound" and dont show me the txt with the screen for unlock it).

TA was great...but in this new release i missed the "GPS Timeout", the "Map type" and a lot of other oldies features.

SMS "locate" works fine for me (show my correct location).

I know that avast would put a charge for the license...is its business, but I wish my license is valid for future paid versions.

For now..I will return to the old version of TA

Have I your promises guys?

Vicenteriv

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2011, 02:47:59 AM »
Ok, en parte me alegra saber que no soy el único con tal problema, estaba por formatear el teléfono y ver si era alguna interferencia provocada por otra aplicación xD. (Claro está, con un respaldo de por medio)

TRANSLATION
Glad to know that I'm not the only one with such issue, I was about to hard reset (That's factory reset right?) to see if the problem was caused not only by the phone but by an application that might be interfering with Avast! Anti-Theft Module. (That's it, with a good backup being done before anything)

reinhardholzner

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2011, 03:23:19 PM »
did the lock work on the same phone/same OS with the theft aware version?
I tried on another 2.3.3 phone and it worked fine...

you are right GPS timeout and map type was removed to make the app easier to understand. However i am not aware of any other features that were removed...

Same phone, same country, almost the same bug.

LG P500h over Android 2.3.3. and i tried the "lock" SMS command with no results (only play my "siren sound" and dont show me the txt with the screen for unlock it).

TA was great...but in this new release i missed the "GPS Timeout", the "Map type" and a lot of other oldies features.

SMS "locate" works fine for me (show my correct location).

I know that avast would put a charge for the license...is its business, but I wish my license is valid for future paid versions.

For now..I will return to the old version of TA

Have I your promises guys?

Vicenteriv

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2011, 11:37:58 PM »

What I understood is that he had the same issue when using Avast! AT, not TA.
Also, by "Another 2.3.3 Phone", you mean it wasn't an Optimus One? I'm guessing this weird thing is only on Optimus One. Do you want me to factory-reset my phone, install Avast! and try? I can restore everything after testing this.

reinhardholzner

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2011, 10:06:34 AM »
please if you dont mind, yes. we can not reproduce the issue here. :-(

What I understood is that he had the same issue when using Avast! AT, not TA.
Also, by "Another 2.3.3 Phone", you mean it wasn't an Optimus One? I'm guessing this weird thing is only on Optimus One. Do you want me to factory-reset my phone, install Avast! and try? I can restore everything after testing this.