Author Topic: other program conflict  (Read 4164 times)

romeohotel

other program conflict
« on: November 19, 2004, 10:40:15 PM »
Hello, as I run another program (onspeed) I have a conflict with ports 25,110,143. At Avasts suggestion I changed the port numbers to 26,111,144, on the file menu and also on the email accounts page. All worked perfectly until a few days ago when I could not send or check my emails. The solution to this was to change my account settings to default. I also changed the INI file back to 25,110,143. All now works ok, but - I now receive the conflict with ports message from 'onspeed' to the effect that the the onspeed service will be disabled for emails. Please advise how to avoid this conflict.
Thanks in advance.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re:other program conflict
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2004, 10:58:15 PM »
Use the search option on this board. The new way that Avast handles the mail on NT based systems has already been explaind multiple times.

romeohotel

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2004, 11:14:49 PM »
Thanks for reply - maybe I am missing something, I have put all keywords into search, but I cannot see a solution.  Please point me in the right direction.
RH.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2004, 11:18:27 PM »
Since version 4.5 of Avast, Avast is handling the mail on NT based systems transparantly. Setup the mail as if Avast wasn't there. Does this solve the problem?

romeohotel

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2004, 11:34:20 PM »
It was when I reset the mail as though avast was not there that the conflict problem started. After having no problems with the previous configuration

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2004, 11:54:01 PM »
It's very late here and I'm tired. So my mind is not working like I would want it too. But the solution to your problems is in one of the treads here. That is something I know for sure.

It is something like this,
With the old setup:
mail > other prog > avast > mail client
new setup:
mail > avast > other prog > mail client

Could be the other way around. Like I said, I'm tired and it is late here. But I'm pretty sure that is the problem/solution