Author Topic: Questions about theft aware..  (Read 5684 times)

Makymmr

Questions about theft aware..
« on: December 07, 2011, 11:24:40 AM »
Hello.

First of all i got question about trial version of this software...
- So i told friend about this software and he installed on he's Samsung galaxy S i9000 , but now he  cannot uninstall it any more...
so is there any chance to do that without buying???

Second question... I did buy pretty long time ago license on the "Theft aware" so as i now understand i need to download Avast and it still be licensed to my phone right?

Also, i got pretty slow phone , Motorola Milestone... (low ram :() if Theft aware didn't eat much resources... what i can do now to make phone little faster

- Ah also, where can i find the remote sms commands to security?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 12:09:00 PM by Makymmr »

reinhardholzner

Re: Questions about theft aware..
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 12:34:31 PM »
hi

- regarding uninstallation: your friend probably has the device admin setting set for Theft Aware - he'll need to remove that to uninstall
- regarding licensing: avast! Mobile Security and avast! Anti-Theft is free of charge. You wont need any licenses anymore
- regarding Milestone: TA or avast! Anti-Theft eats nearly no resources as it only runs if some tasks need to be performed. newer phone - faster phone ;-)
- at the moment you can find the commands at www.theftaware.com, within the documentation section. a new website will go only in the next days on www.avast.com where there will be a comprehensive list of commands + examples. you can also find the commands in the help within the program itself.

regards
Reinhard

general714

Re: Questions about theft aware..
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 06:48:29 PM »
Hi - note that the list given on the TheftAware site is not compatible with Avast Mobile Security. For example, it lists UPDATE rather than LOCATE as a command. Although this is still a beta, it would be helpful for Avast to launch with mandatory support, e.g. the list of SMS commands available via the web as well as the help section of the app.