Author Topic: Avast wont install  (Read 2490 times)

scalibur

Avast wont install
« on: December 07, 2011, 02:16:22 PM »
It keeped turning off, so almost everytime i started the computer it was turned off and i needed to press restart avast.  But one day when i pressed the button nothing happened so i decided i maybe needed to reinstall. When i uninstalled i get an error and the installer gets stuck and i need to turn the installer off via the task manager. The computer says that avast isn't installed so i thought mabye it still worked. So i downloaded avast setup and when i click it it just comes up something like an loading screen (an folder giving a paper to an another) and then it just shuts off. I've checked taskmanager and the process starts but then shuts off. So right now i have scanned the system with other programs to see that mabye some virus is turning it off, but it didnt find any. I really liked avast and i would love if you could help me :)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Avast wont install
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 02:27:53 PM »
I suggest an installation from scratch:

1. Download the latest version of avast! Uninstall Utility and save it.
2. Download the latest avast! version and save it.
3. Uninstall avast from Control Panel (if possible). If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there. Anyway, boot after that.
4. Run the avast! Uninstall Utility saved on 1. If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there. Anyway, boot after you've run it.
5. Install avast! using the setup saved on 2. Boot.
6. Register your free copy or add the license key for Pro. Or even upgrade your key from old versions.
7. Check and post the results. If, for any reason, you did not solve, try doing the step 3 in Safe Mode anyway.
The best things in life are free.

scalibur

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 02:34:51 PM »
Thank you! the install worked after i run the uninstall utility ! :)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 04:01:36 PM »
Thank you! the install worked after i run the uninstall utility ! :)
You're welcome. Feel free to come back any time you need help or just to change experiences 8)
The best things in life are free.