Author Topic: About the Ongoing Notification...  (Read 7742 times)

Vicenteriv

About the Ongoing Notification...
« on: December 07, 2011, 04:36:50 PM »
I just read a post from someone saying he didn't like it, and someone else replying to it saying he/she liked it, so it should be optional. Well, I was going to reply until I read what I was going to post and I thought it wasn't sticking to what the thread was about, so here it goes! :P

IDK, I'd like to keep it IF the Anti-Theft part on the AV (The option that gets you from the AV interface to the Anti-theft one) could be hidden, that way a potential thieve would say "Oh he has the AV, but no theft thingy", unless of course he knows both things are only one, which then would be an issue. Keeping with the same idea, I think the AV and the Anti-theft parts should have different passwords, and the AV should ASK FOR IT EVERYTIME YOU GET TO IT, not only after you kill the process and then re-access it... It's a lack of security IMO, which originates the problem mentioned before, which is when the thieve acceses the AV interface and sees "Anti-Theft".

Yeah, I'm a security freak, but you have to be sometimes around here :/

Phone: LG-P500H, Stock 2.3.3 Rooted

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Massive Poster
Re: About the Ongoing Notification...
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 04:57:34 PM »
...and the AV should ASK FOR IT EVERYTIME YOU GET TO IT, not only after you kill the process and then re-access it...

Hi Vicenteriv,

this is really the behavior you are experiencing? I'm holding LG-P500 with Stock 2.2 in my hands right now and it seems to work flawlessly. If I exit the application (for example by pressing the Home button) and return to it after a while (~5-10 seconds), it asks for a password every time.

Filip

misfit61871

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 05:02:17 PM »
I just installed this app, and it us great so far. My only issue is the ongoing notification, could you make an option to disable it please.

Besides that, great app!

Vicenteriv

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 05:03:09 PM »
Oh, so it's another error on my phone and not a general one, great xD
Yes, after accessing the Avast! UI from the ongoing notification, entering the password and then pressing the home button, I can re-access it from the above mentioned notification and this time it wont ask for a password.
Still thinking the solution to all my problems is reinstalling both apps (AV and AT)

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Massive Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 05:17:51 PM »
Yes, after accessing the Avast! UI from the ongoing notification, entering the password and then pressing the home button, I can re-access it from the above mentioned notification and this time it wont ask for a password.

OK, didn't try this approach and it seems you are correct. I have already assigned this bug to the person responsible for this.

Could you also try my approach and let me know if it's working? (Accessing the "locked" application from the application list or the list of recently used applications.)

Filip

Vicenteriv

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 06:03:28 PM »
Accessed from app drawer, unlocked, went to home, then back to Avast! through the app drawer and it was unlocked.

-Proccess Killed-

To my surprise, after closing the program through Go Launcher EX "Running" tab on the app drawer, I could still access the application without the use of any passwords, which tells me this isn't what  makes it go back to "locked" status. I'm writing as I try all this, and while i was typing what just had happened, my phone went idle and locked itself, and after I unlocked it (I had left the Avast! UI open), it asked for the password.

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Massive Poster
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2011, 06:47:29 PM »
That's interesting. The problem we talked about before is fixed already, but the rest should be working fine. Maybe if you are using a custom launcher (seems like it) that might cause the issues. I'll let our QA test it with the launcher you are mentioning and we will see if we can come up with a solution (might not be possible due to differences between the launchers).

Filip

Vicenteriv

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2011, 06:58:05 PM »
Thanks! Now, this isn't my main issue, and I'm about to uninstall and reinstall the AV and AT because of that one, which is the lost phone lock not working, could you please take a look at that and give me and the rest of the users an answer?
Thanks Again :P

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Massive Poster
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2011, 07:03:19 PM »
That's more of a question for the AT part which has its base elsewhere -> http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=38.0 Try to present your problem there :)

Filip

Vicenteriv

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2011, 07:04:49 PM »
Indeed, the problem seems to be caused by the custom launcher "Go Launcher EX". I went back to use LG Home to see if what you said was right, and yes, when unlocking and re-opening from app drawer, it does ask for the password again.