Author Topic: Having BSOD might be avast related minidump included  (Read 2273 times)

Offline gautam7

Having BSOD might be avast related minidump included
« on: December 03, 2011, 05:57:50 AM »
Hi friends i am having BSOD probem from yesterday while i was browsing with firefox. First one i had yesterday night while browsing it was so fast i could not get the error code and just now another one while i was playing a youtube video the screen goes black and i have to shut down by pressing the power button. I have not installed anything resently except for a avast program update on november 28. Please help me with this problem. I never had BSOD and don't know how to solve the problem. I have included the two minidump along with system helth report. System helth analysis reported no antivirus but i have av installed and upto date. Thanks for your help

With regards
Gautam
http://www.mediafire.com/file/udhn3oki71mku9y/120311-18392-01.rar
http://www.mediafire.com/file/12a25oj441f7d4m/120211-20841-01.rar
http://www.mediafire.com/file/skt8l05obsfii1r/helth%20report.rar

PS: i will be away from home a couple of days so i might not be able to report back for 2 to 3 days. Thanks again
Lenovo B40 laptop/ core i3 4010U CPU (1.7 GHz)/ 4.0 GB RAM/500 GB HDD,OS: windows 10 64 bit, Browser: Google Crome/ FF (adblock plus, lastpass,) Security: Avast pro 10, MBAM (free).

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
Re: Having BSOD might be avast related minidump included
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 03:38:50 PM »
Hi, thanks for info. One crash was in your video driver, the second in avast. Next time, when your system will crash, I'd like to get that 3rd minidump. You can send it me directly to kurtin@avast.com. Thanks.

Offline gautam7

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 10:04:20 AM »
I am glad that avast team member have seen the problem and hopefully they will come up with a solution. But is it likely that i will have more BSOD as pk have asked for 3rd minidump?? I will certainly send those minidump but i don't want any more of these BSOD. What should i do? Should i remove avast till the problem is fixed? as for the video card related problem what i can do? Please give me some advice so that i can prevent this from happening.

Many many thanks again
Lenovo B40 laptop/ core i3 4010U CPU (1.7 GHz)/ 4.0 GB RAM/500 GB HDD,OS: windows 10 64 bit, Browser: Google Crome/ FF (adblock plus, lastpass,) Security: Avast pro 10, MBAM (free).

ady4um

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 02:24:12 PM »
You may want to search for a new version of the video driver for your specific system.

According to your first post, both BSOD happened while you were using a web browser application (you don't say if both times you were using the same web browser).

So an additional possibility is for you to uninstall add-ons / plug-ins, uninstall your browser, then reboot and install the latest version of those programs/tools. Then reboot again. (This is in addition to an update of your video driver, if it is available).

Of course I can't assure you that no BSOD will happen again, but those are all the common items involved in your description (besides your hardware).

Offline gautam7

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 03:27:08 PM »
Thanks ady4um for all the suggestion. The BSOD did happen while i was browsing in firefox. Since then i have uninstalled and reinstalled firefox and all the add on as per your suggestion. I also tried to update the video card driver from hp website but it turns out that i already have the latest version and infact hp site has a older version of the driver. Now the pc is behaving normally and no BSOD so far looks like everything is fine now. Don't know if avast has issued some update or not. Thanks again for your time.

With regards
Gautam