Author Topic: Mobile Security Beta issues  (Read 3705 times)

chainfire

Mobile Security Beta issues
« on: December 07, 2011, 10:54:15 PM »
I downloaded the AVAST Mobile Security beta. Ran fine, and I even installed the anti-theft module (I'm also a former Theft Aware user). Since rebooting my phone, AVAST Mobile Security force closes whenever i try to open it. The anti-theft portion seems to be working, however it does not suppress the SMS notification when I send it a command.

HTC Glacier (aka T-Mobile myTouch 4G), rooted, running CyanogenMod 7

EDIT: Also, I think this app should intercept and suppress any SMS command which begins with the access code, even if what follows is not a valid command. If I mistype a command, the thief can now see my access code because the SMS goes through. A response SMS should be sent saying "invalid command" so that I know to try again.

EDIT 2: I apologize, this post belongs in the Beta subforum. I can't delete it and I can't report my own post to a moderator (<- this should be changed, there are valid reasons to report one's own posts). Can a moderator please move this to the right place?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 11:09:24 PM by chainfire »

Offline Jan Gahura

• Avast team
    • ALWIL Software
Re: Mobile Security Beta issues
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 10:13:16 AM »
Hi,

We are aware of this issue connected with the CyanogenMod ROM. Thanks for the idea on SMS commands!

Jan

reinhardholzner

Re: Mobile Security Beta issues
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 03:56:37 PM »
hi actually as soon as the SMS command starts with the correct avast! password it should be junked. if it was otherwise it would be a bug.