Author Topic: [Change request] Firewall Blacklisted by default  (Read 4443 times)

robroyal

[Change request] Firewall Blacklisted by default
« on: December 17, 2011, 07:25:47 PM »
First of all ... great work & THX!

It would be much(!!!) more secure if your AVAST-Firewall inside the "avast! Mobile Security"-suite blacklists new installed APPs by default - like "DroidWall" does. Is it possible to change the FW's behavior between black- or whitelisting with a radio-button?

Kind regards,
Rob

cooby

Re: [Change request] Firewall Blacklisted by default
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 12:15:19 AM »
Good idea.
But it's a can of worms.
Perhaps something like this might make sense:
a) If I go to the android market, read about the application, decide to install, I'd rather it not be blocked unless it contains malware. Avast could ask 'do you really want to install', I'd say YES, and would like to see that in some log.
b) If I did not make an installation request, and not sure whether avast could detect that I did not, but a browser or some other application wants to install something behind my back, then I'd like to see it blocked, logged and alerted.

robroyal

Re: [Change request] Firewall Blacklisted by default
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 03:43:29 AM »
Some kind of "Initial-Isolation-Mode"? Also a good idea as an option ... but I realy love DroidWall for simply blacklisting by default.

BTW: Have you tested "Autorun Manager" (disable "daemons/services" inside apps) and "Android Permissions" (disable permissions to "needed" settings like "READ_PHONE_STATE" aso)? These features would be nice too but I think that this would make the suite explode ... a bit ;-)

Kind regards,
Rob
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 03:53:30 AM by robroyal »