Author Topic: Update from Business to End Point Windows server 2003 R2 Shields Missing  (Read 2340 times)

StilgarX

Hi
Avast Business upgraded to EndPoint Protection Suite Version 7.0.1438 when Windows server 2003 R2 was rebooted.

After the Windows server 2003 R2 rebooted I updated the console and then updated across the network to a mix of Windows XP, Windows 7 and even a Windows 2000. A few reboots later and everything is working perfectly.

When I say everything is working perfectly there is one problem. :( There are 2 Windows 2003 R2 boxes on both the Real-Time Shields are turned and can not be turned on. The Icon in the system tray says there is a problem and so does the console. On digging deeper it looks like the Network Shield and the Mail Shield have not been installed at all in Real-time shields menu neither is even listed.

Before the upgrade from Business Edition everything worked well and the system tray/console reported no problems

How can I fix this?
Any help here would be appreciated
Thanks

nannunannu

Everyone is seeing that behavior...

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=99350.0

You are seeing an attention status because sharepoint shield installed, and is being monitored, but isn't running because you don't run sharepoint on that server.  I'd recommend editing the group config for your servers and stopping the sharepoint shield (and exchange shield if you don't use it) under the shields, and make sure they monitor check is unchecked when you change that in the config.

They confirmed that the network sheild and mail shield are deliberatly not installed by default for servers - which in thinking about the impact it could have on servers, I agree with.