Author Topic: New BETA 4.5.529 - Problems  (Read 4673 times)

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
New BETA 4.5.529 - Problems
« on: November 21, 2004, 03:07:00 PM »
After downloading and running the install program, the system would not reboot.
   A hard re-boot was needed!!!!
Not sure but I think that some of my setting reverted back to default instead of custom.
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v24H2 64bit, 32 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 24.4.6112, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re:New BETA 4.5.529 - Problems
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2004, 03:41:46 PM »
You mean after the installation completed?
What about after the reboot?
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Rocker

Can I go back to V4.1... PLEASE
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2004, 03:49:04 PM »
Can someone pñease tell me if it is possible to download Avast! V4.1## anywhere?

The latest V4.5(beta) release, is going from bad to worst (for me) and I have now lost my ICS which due to location I need to share with a neighbour.

I would prefer to 'roll back' rather than wait for V4.5 to be stable.

Thanks

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2004, 03:54:14 PM »
From bad to worst? Are you saying that the 529 build didn't help with the previous problems and added some new ones? The ICS problem is new in 529???? :o

BTW I'm afraid the 4.1 version cannot be downloaded anywhere... :-\
« Last Edit: November 21, 2004, 03:56:28 PM by Vlk »
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Rocker

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2004, 04:07:17 PM »
From bad to worst? Are you saying that the 529 build didn't help with the previous problems and added some new ones? The ICS problem is new in 529???? :o

What I'm saying is... I have gone through many of the problems, as post in the forums, and thought I had got most of them resolved. Now for whatever reason I have lost ICS. Don't ask if it is the new beta or what.. I don't know and don't, at this time, have access to the host to experiment.

So "please"... can I roll back???.

edit... sorry you edited before I noticed

Is there no chance of making it available???
« Last Edit: November 21, 2004, 04:08:45 PM by Rocker »

chriskross

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2004, 04:17:15 PM »
I think I still have the old setup file. PM me if you need it. I'll mail it to you or something.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2004, 04:26:44 PM »
After downloading and running the install program, the system would not reboot.
   A hard re-boot was needed!!!!
Not sure but I think that some of my setting reverted back to default instead of custom.

No problems with restart of the system here, after avast! setup (4.5.529) asked me to do that...
« Last Edit: November 21, 2004, 04:27:06 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

lee16

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2004, 04:33:11 PM »
I didn't have any problems with the restart either.

Windows XP SP2

--lee

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2004, 04:38:21 PM »
Now for whatever reason I have lost ICS. Don't ask if it is the new beta or what
So without knowing the cause, you blame it on Avast. Not a nice thing to do if you ask me. Pesonally I would use a router to share the connection. If the 'server' system breaks down, none is able to connect, that problem is not there if you use a router.

ICS was nice in the old days when routers where very expensive. Now it is becomming obsolete with the price of decent home routers dropped to about 35 euro (= +/- 35 usd)

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2004, 04:43:51 PM »
D-Link DI-604 (btw, one of the best for home users, even beter than LinkSys) X-BOX Live compatible (!!!) - the price here in Canada is around $40CAD, and I bought it while some fall discounts were active... $20 Canadian dolars got back through MAIL-IN rebate. So, I've got one great router for $20 CAD. Yeepee !!!

Rocker

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2004, 09:13:34 PM »
Now for whatever reason I have lost ICS. Don't ask if it is the new beta or what
So without knowing the cause, you blame it on Avast. Not a nice thing to do if you ask me.

Perhaps you could elaborate. You quote me in part and 'selectively' and interject the word "blame"!.

I actually said that I had been through many of the problems that other users had been experiencing and that the loss of ICS is the latest in the list (for me) since the release of 4.5. I am not blaming anyone, or jumping the Avast! ship, I just do not have time, nor the kind of installation which allows me to keep tracking down problems. Reverting to a known good version would have been my preferred choice at this time.

Personally I would use a router to share the connection. If the 'server' system breaks down, none is able to connect, that problem is not there if you use a router.

Thank you for enlightened me. I already go through a Wi-Fi connection (when available) to share a RDSI (one channel locked down) dial-up (all that is available). Other times I connect via satellite or GPRS (both expensive).

A few "clever bod's” have come out with suggestions on how this system could be improved, some of the 'real' clever one's have even been invited to try it and install their wares... they have all left with their tales between their legs. But thanks for your input... which I will add to my collection.