Author Topic: Problem with stealth  (Read 4050 times)

zrmamc

Problem with stealth
« on: January 28, 2012, 02:02:21 AM »
I have seen the other posts on this subject that seem to end with the user acknowledging that in fact everything is working fine. This is not the case for me.

I set up Anti-theft as described and created my "fake" app name and enabled it in basic settings. (It currently shows with a green tick). At that time I could see the "fake app" as well as Avast mobile in my apps, the icon had gone from the main screen and everything looked good. This was without resetting the device. The screen sait it would all be active after reset so I turned my phone off and on. Problems. My "fake app" disappeared, the icon returned in the notification area and yet the Enable Anti-theft still has a green arrow.

I tried disabling and then re-enabling with no luck. At the moment my phone is secure but stealth is unavailable. It would be nice to fix this.

Phone:Samsung-SGH-I997
AT&T
Android 2.2.1
Anti-theft: 1.0.1960

reinhardholzner

Re: Problem with stealth
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 02:33:47 PM »
hi the visible thing is avast mobile security (antivirus etc), anti-theft is invisible. you have to remove mobile security if you want anti-theft to be 100% stealth.