Author Topic: no app after install trial  (Read 2808 times)

achtdreizehn

no app after install trial
« on: November 29, 2011, 02:38:26 PM »
hey there. i wanna test the trial of theft aware. i installed it on my galaxys2 (didnt choose update.zip), after installation the trial setup got uninstalled. but i have no application on my phone. even in the app management theres no theft aware.. so i downloaded trial installer again, but it tells me, theft aware is already installed. what am i doing wrong??

Offline Werner

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Re: no app after install trial
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 02:44:22 PM »
Hello,

how to open Theft Aware was explained when you activated the software. Depending on how the configuration status you can open Theft Aware by either dialing your pin like a phone number (you created it in the configuration process, 4-6 digits, only numbers) or by dialing the default pin 0000 (four zeroes).This should open the interface.

If you need further information about the basics of Theft Aware please consult our manual available at https://www.theftaware.com/web.srv?step=section_documentation

Give it a try – it’s short and easy to understand!

Regards, Werner

reinhardholzner

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 02:45:32 PM »
hi 813 - i guess you installed rooted, right? if yes, you've been notified that you have to restart your phone to get the app finally installed. please try that!

TheUntouchable

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 03:22:28 PM »
Also, you where asked to choose a name for the theftaware app while installing. Please dont search for theftaware in your apps but for the name you have choosen!

achtdreizehn

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 03:58:22 PM »
thx. werners solutions works fine.
but i still dont give a new name for the app. but i can try the trial now. thx