Author Topic: Brother printer software  (Read 12834 times)

freuter

Re: Brother printer software
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2011, 10:59:32 AM »
UPDATE YOUR AV-Database!

The FP was fixed tonight by aVast and is not longer shown as a Virus!

Thx 2 the aVast-Crew!
I'm (as always) very proud that "my" aVast again responded so quickly and so fixed (again) so fast what my Protect made so save! As i told your: the aVast-Crew are really FIT and FAST!

- THANK YOU -
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 07:03:51 PM by freuter »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2011, 11:10:24 AM »
Thanks for the positive feedback..! :)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Ahoy Dave

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2011, 03:32:34 PM »
UPDATE YOU AV-Database!

The FP was fixed tonight by aVast and is not longer shown as a Virus!

Thx 2 the aVast-Crew!
I'm (as always) very proud that "my" aVast again responded so quickly and so fixed (again) so fast what my Protect made so save! As i told your: the aVast-Crew are really FIT and FAST!

- THANK YOU -

Thanks for the heads up. How in the world an app that has been out literally for years gets listed as a virus and rendered useless is a mystery to me.

It would have been a good touch if those of us who posted a FP report would have gotten an email advising us that it's fixed. Perhaps that's coming later today?

This was really not fun, and a black spot on an otherwise positive experience with this product. I have recommended AVAST to many friends and co-workers. Hopefully this will be a once in a lifetime mistake.

Gargamel360

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2011, 03:55:36 PM »
It would have been a good touch if those of us who posted a FP report would have gotten an email advising us that it's fixed. Perhaps that's coming later today?
No, they don't do that, they would rather spend money elsewhere.  Imagine the time sending emails for a false positive that even effected a single percent of their user base of many millions of people.....it would take longer than it is worth. 
How in the world an app that has been out literally for years gets listed as a virus and rendered useless is a mystery to me.
No one posted what the specific detection was, but it was probably a Generic signature, they use those so one signature can catch many forms of malware.

Avast! is very low on FPs.....I mean very low....so while it might be a bit much to think this is a "hopefully once in a lifetime event" (if you mean a FP in general),  take heart that you have what is at any given day the AV with the lowest false positive rate possible.