Author Topic: Avast! 6.0 not scanning emails in Outlook 2010  (Read 2668 times)

dmercier

Avast! 6.0 not scanning emails in Outlook 2010
« on: September 19, 2011, 06:01:01 AM »
Hello, this is my first post on this forum.

I have not been able to get Avast! to scan my incoming or outgoing mail.
I can see the Avast! Anti-Spam toolbar in Outlook (with the Spam, non-spam, black list and white list buttons). I can use these buttons to mark emails as "SPAM" and add the senders of these messages to the black list, but Avast does not seem to scan any message. Both the Mail Shield and the Antispam (in "additional protection") show no trafic scanned. I have read all the forums and KB. None of the mail accounts that I use need SSL encryption, so I deactivated SSL in the Outlook account settings. I tried changing the antispam sensitivity settings, it did not help. The Mail Shield shows no scanning activity.

My system : Windows 7, Avast! 6.0.1289, Outlook 2010.

Thanks in advance for your help!

DM

Hellion

Re: Avast! 6.0 not scanning emails in Outlook 2010
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 02:27:25 PM »
Hi Dmercier,

I'm just a forum member.

Is the mail account a pop, IMAP or exchange account?

dmercier

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 02:39:07 AM »
Hello Hellion,
All my mail accounts are pop accounts.
Thanks in advance! I am strongly considering switching to another product.

Hellion

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 09:00:26 AM »
Hi Dmercier,

I'm very sorry for only getting back to you now!

I was hoping of getting more info out of you and then letting a more senior forum helper resolve this!

I too created a thread about office 2010 and scanning not happening.

I've got a very strong feeling that Avast does not work with office 2010.

My problem is different to yours as I'm using a different protocol (exchange) and not POP3 like you.

Here is my topic, to which I have not received any response - http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=90072.0

ady4um

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 10:15:57 AM »
Check your mail rules.

Check the configuration of SSL in both, outlook and avast (only avast should use them when necessary, not outlook).

Try Add/Remove Programs -> Avast -> change -> uncheck the mail shield and install. Then reboot and repeat, but this time check (install) also the mail shield and install. Then reboot.

After that re-installation, review again the configurations, including mail rules in outlook, SSL configuration for both outlook and avast, mail shield settings, and outlook avast add-in (trusted add-in).

Please report back.