Author Topic: Need help, I can't delete a file that i never created, it's blocked,  (Read 4070 times)

MeroKnight

I remember once, I downloaded a program one time that froze, and when i tried to delete it, i couldnt, it says i needed a password to delete it, a blocked folder, then my comp restarted on its own, and since then I was never able to find it again, my computer is been slow, so I checked my Task Manager and went to processess, and found softwares running that has no names on "Descripition", unlike Mozilla, which has the name there, and adobe, etc. i try to end the proccess, and it dont let me, and when i go to "Services", when i try to stop service, a blue sceen appears telling me something, but it shots down quick so I cant read it, im downloading Avast because I had BullGuard, but they couldn't help me, so Im trying here now.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Need help, I can't delete a file that i never created, it's blocked,
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 09:07:21 AM »
What server OS are you running?

Mac the Knife

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 09:31:07 PM »
You could try going into Control Panel, opening Adminstration Tools and opening Services. You will have a list of all services come up, they will have either manual, automatic or disabled in the start up type. See if you can find the service you are on about in the list and if you can just click on it, you will then see a discription of what the service is and does on the left hand side with an option to stop the service if it's running, once it's stopped then you should be able to remove it. Before removing it I would set a system restore point just to be on the safe side.

MeroKnight

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 07:01:21 AM »
I got nothing suspicious on my control panel, its only when i go to proccesses on task manager when i see he weird codes, but i just installed the trial avast for 30 days, and i cant turn my firewall on..... any clues why?

heres a screenshot - http://i41.tinypic.com/2qjzyn5.png

I tried the fix buttom, and nothing, i went to the main firewall on my computer, and nothing, and i got an Emachines 2010 computer