Author Topic: Can these issues be sorted??  (Read 5175 times)

RiverRat

Can these issues be sorted??
« on: December 09, 2011, 05:15:16 PM »
Having got fed up with be reminded about updates/change to TheftAware I installed this beta version......... Big mistake  :( on a rooted Galaxy S2 and have encountered the following issues.
Firstly it seems that the Avast team must have a IQ of about 5. The whole idea of the TheftAware program is to hid itself from people in the event of being lost/stolen to make recovery possible. So what do you get when you install Avast mobile, only a icon in your notification bar and the Avast app icon on your "applications" screen.  :o Surely this is defeating the whole object of making this program " invisible ".

Secondly I do not know if it been reported but even after setting/enabling up both the Avast functions and anti theft functions I have found that you can bring up the Avast home screen (where you can change most settings less for getting into the anti theft screen) by just pressing the icon in the notifications bar without being asked for your password/access code. This tends to happen if the phone has been sitting awhile without being used. At other time it always asks for unlock code.  :-\

Thirdly this is an issue both with the old TheftAware and this program that even though you set up a name to hid the anti theft part as soon as you give it admin write, so that you could/can do a remote wipe all a thief has to do is open your Setting screen, go to Location and Security, find Select device administrators and then disable any items in there to stop you doing a wipe which again seems to be defeating the whole object of this software.

The idea of a anti virus program combined with TheftAware appeals to me but until a more secure software is released, hopefully with GPS location via PC/laptop included, I am going back to bog standard TheftAware.  ;)

RiverRat

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software