Author Topic: Web Shield Action  (Read 1686 times)

Salv

Web Shield Action
« on: December 10, 2011, 12:10:08 AM »
Earlier today I visited a site and Avast notified me that it had tried to load VBS:Malware-gen onto my PC. I then checked the Avast Web Shield and the action taken was listed as 'Blocked'. I was wondering what this meant as the help window made no reference to it as far as I could see. Is my system safe? Was the entire download blocked? The page never loaded which I guessed may have been down to Avast but sometimes I fail to connect to pages at the first attempt so it could've been a coincidence.

Thanks.

ady4um

Re: Web Shield Action
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 12:15:19 AM »
Well, your own description says it. The connection was blocked, so whether the info about that web site was correct or not, it has not got to your system besides the scan of avast. You are safe.

Salv

Re: Web Shield Action
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 12:29:11 AM »
Well, your own description says it. The connection was blocked, so whether the info about that web site was correct or not, it has not got to your system besides the scan of avast. You are safe.

Thanks for the confirmation. It's not something I'd encountered before so I wasn't sure if there was anything else required.