Author Topic: Unable to uninstall Theft Aware in N8  (Read 9225 times)

vinodhunicorn

Unable to uninstall Theft Aware in N8
« on: December 10, 2011, 03:37:36 PM »
Hi all,
Unfortunately i have left my Theft aware application in stealth mode.Now i am not able to launch the  application by dialing the secret code also by sending the launch command in sms.Please help me in uninstalling the application..The worst thing is its keep on sending SMS to the predefined number.Please help me if anyone knows how to uninstall or stop sending sms..

reinhardholzner

Re: Unable to uninstall Theft Aware in N8
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 10:12:55 AM »
please drop an email to wilson at avast.com and he will help you solve your problem.

avinash0546

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 04:40:05 AM »
Hi all,
Unfortunately i have left my Theft aware application in stealth mode.Now i am not able to launch the  application by dialing the secret code also by sending the launch command in sms.Please help me in uninstalling the application..The worst thing is its keep on sending SMS to the predefined number.Please help me if anyone knows how to uninstall or stop sending sms..plzz help me fast the balance is go on reducing how to send sms to wilson  avast.com nd give exact solution to this problem and phone name is nokia c6

svehlak

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 12:38:50 PM »
Oh, if you are talking about non-android phones, please visit dedicated forum, thank you.

Offline Werner

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 01:46:16 PM »
Dear Customer,

to stop continuous updates you only need to open theft aware once. the currently inserted sim will be added to the trusted simcards list.

to open Theft Aware dial your pin like a phone number. you created the pincode on installing theft aware (4-6 digits, only numbers).

To uninstall Theft Aware open it, deactivate Theft Aware and now you see Theft Aware in the list of your apps and can uninstall it.
If you think you already uninstalled it - but it still seems to be on the phone please install this package on your
phone: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27553331/RescueFile.sis - this will give you an icon in the app
menu again with which you can launch Theft Aware. Then deactivate Theft Aware and uninstall it.

As we don't support the Symbian version any more I need to ask you to consult our manual available at http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27553331/TheftAwareSymbian%202_00_User_Guide_English.pdf if you need further help.
Give it a try – it’s short and easy to understand!

If you forgot/lost your access pin we have a difficult situation. Theft Aware doesn't send the pin code to our servers and there is no master key for security reasons.
All we can recommend is to backup your data and hardreset the device.

Werner