Author Topic: Avast Pro's Service process is messing my PC up.  (Read 6312 times)

DonZ63

Re: Avast Pro's Service process is messing my PC up.
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2011, 01:15:13 AM »
Also have you analyzed your IP traffic? You can download TCPView from the Sysinternals web site:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897437. Then observe the activity for avastsvc.exe.

When you start your browser, you will see a lot of connections for avastsvc.exe. This will settle down to one or two connections for avastsvc.exe to port 80(HTTP). At this point, your CPU activity for avastsvc.exe should be less than 1%.

lol90210

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2011, 05:16:25 AM »
It's not network traffic at all, I can disconnect the internet and it still does this.

ady4um

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2011, 05:31:33 AM »
According to your own posts, you were looking for other alternatives.

If you are still interested, I would suggest uninstalling avast.

Then run the specific removal utility for avast under Windows Safe Mode. Run it several times for each and every version of avast you ever had (like versions 5 and 6, for example).

Then reboot again into Windows Safe Mode and manually delete any (hidden) folders that would include "avast" or "alwil" in their names.

Download the latest stable version of avast and right click -> "run as administrator". After the new install, reboot.

Please delete the firewall rules you had before for avast, so they can be re-created correctly ("learning mode" of the firewall, or equivalent).

Please report back.

lol90210

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2011, 12:04:35 AM »
Fixed now I uninstalled and reinstalled avast and it's working like a charm now thank you!