Author Topic: Online theft aware control, when will it be back?  (Read 5714 times)

Heeleven

Online theft aware control, when will it be back?
« on: December 11, 2011, 04:43:45 AM »
Hi,

I was part of the beta testers for the Theftaware online control, which has closed a couple of days ago. Is this service coming back and when? Because it was noted that the takeover by Avast wouldn't have a negative effect for the paying users of TA.

Offline Werner

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Re: Online theft aware control, when will it be back?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 05:36:40 PM »
Hello,

the new ownership has no negative influence on the public functions of avast! Anti-Theft (former Theft Aware). We just had to close the beta for restructuring.

we are preparing web interface with location map, commands and other stuff (may be some back up options), I suppose it will go public on start of next year, so please be patient :-) Thank you.
source: Jan Svehlak

Heeleven

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 11:06:55 AM »
Hello,

the new ownership has no negative influence on the public functions of avast! Anti-Theft (former Theft Aware). We just had to close the beta for restructuring.

we are preparing web interface with location map, commands and other stuff (may be some back up options), I suppose it will go public on start of next year, so please be patient :-) Thank you.
source: Jan Svehlak

Cristal clear, thanks!
Looking forward to the new interface.

ronson

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 10:34:36 PM »
Hi there Werner.!

Glad to read that you are working in Background to improve the WebUI..

Bin gespannt was da so alles anders wird. Hoffe dann wieder auf eine Beta-Testing Phase!

Grüße aus dem norden Deutschlands!

Übrigends.. Nutze schon seit Jahren avast auf meinem Schlepp-Top. Bin sehr zufrieden.
Mal gucken ob sich das auch auf dem Android Smartphone bewahrheitet!

Ron