Author Topic: Safe Zone question  (Read 2444 times)

racsw

Safe Zone question
« on: December 17, 2011, 04:28:27 AM »
We own 10 registered copies of Avast Pro for personal and business.
When using the Internet for browsing and work, I think I understand the safety angle of the Safe Zone, so I gave it a try...once.

The problem is, none of my bookmarks are there at all, which makes it useless for me and others.  How am we supposed to get the web URL's for sites that have been visited and now need to return to without bringing up the Standard FireFox, looking up the URL, then copying and pasting the URL.
Unless I'm missing something here, without our Bookmarks, we don't have time for this inconvenience.

Am I not understanding how to incorporate our Bookmarks into the Safe Zone browser?

Thanks,
Robert
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 04:31:17 AM by racsw »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Safe Zone question
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 06:07:55 PM »
The point of SafeZone is not letting anything (and a malware) comes IN.
Autosandbox and the sandbox does not allow anything to comes OUT of it.

The SafeZone does not allow any plugin or anything to be used with the browser. It's safe because of this nudity.
The best things in life are free.

racsw

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 01:39:10 AM »
I understand your logic about plugins, however, simply having a list of stored URLs hardly seems to pose a risk.
Perhaps later you could figure out a way to use a list of stored URLs without compromising the security of the Safe Zone.  It would make things immensely easier and allow frequent browser users a safe, yet efficient way to use Safe Zone on a regular basis.

Thank you for your reply,
racsw

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 02:17:21 AM »
Hi racsw :)

It is something I asked myself too. As I have to email the Sandbox / SafeZone Developer today, I will point him to this as well :)

Greetz, Red.
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )