Author Topic: Avast! 6 and hackshield Win7 64  (Read 10520 times)

LordXombie

Avast! 6 and hackshield Win7 64
« on: December 13, 2011, 03:44:30 AM »
okay when ever  i try to play dragon nest i get an error message
 an error occured in the hack prevention feature. (error code = 204)
 the program will be terminated.
its been months since this has first started to happen and it feel like its never going to get fixed. I don't want to change my antivirus for a game but i really might becuase i cant paly anything from Nexon AT ALL..

iyogisolutions1

Re: Avast! 6 and hackshield Win7 64
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 04:33:07 AM »
Hi,

How do you came to know that this issue is with avast?. Plus we need more info about your computer and the avast! version that you have in it.

LordXombie

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 04:59:59 AM »
processor AMD Athlon II X2 215 proces 2.70GHz
Ram 8G
op system 64
and i know its avast becuase i played teh games fine before avast and now i cant play with avast iv uninstalled avast and the games work fine.....
I have Avast! 6 Pro all uptodate

ady4um

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 05:05:14 AM »
Just for a test (and not for a final solution), please go to avast main GUI -> web shield -> EXPERT settings -> "...well known browsers only". Then save the change, test and report back. PLEASE REPORT BACK.

Please also add in your next post, what AV you used to have before avast, and how you uninstalled it. Have you ran the specific removal utility for that old AV after you ran its uninstallation?

Gargamel360

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 05:09:21 AM »
If its a problem with a hackshield....well, Avast! has had such before, and so have other AV vendors.  Since anti-cheats are basically rootkits, they do have a hard time getting along.

What specific anti-cheat are you speaking of?

LordXombie

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 05:15:31 AM »
OK well that didn't help. hack-shield still didn't start up making Dragon nest crash cause it don't have it. and i used Norton before and used the uninstaller they provided.
 all i know is its the hacksheild that comes with dragonnest
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 05:18:36 AM by LordXombie »

ady4um

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2011, 05:26:21 AM »
i used Norton before and used the uninstaller they provided.

"Uninstalling" a security tool is not enough. Look at http://singularlabs.com/uninstallers/security-software/ for the specific removal utility of your old AV.

LordXombie

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2011, 05:28:41 AM »

"Uninstalling" a security tool is not enough. Look at http://singularlabs.com/uninstallers/security-software/ for the specific removal utility of your old AV.
but i used the tool that they tell you to use on that site you gave me.... i know not to unistall an AV without the proper tool kit thingy

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2011, 05:37:31 AM »

but i used the tool that they tell you to use on that site you gave me.... i know not to unistall an AV without the proper tool kit thingy
The removal tools that are provided in the link given to you by ady4um is the correct tool to remove any leftovers of norton and other AV's, please run number 26a in the list and reboot just to make sure that all aspect's of norton are gone.

LordXombie

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2011, 06:01:06 AM »

The removal tools that are provided in the link given to you by ady4um is the correct tool to remove any leftovers of norton and other AV's, please run number 26a in the list and reboot just to make sure that all aspect's of norton are gone.
done

LordXombie

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2011, 06:21:36 AM »
so now what taht did nothing to help?

ady4um

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2011, 07:30:43 AM »
Just to discard any potential problems with your firewall, please delete any avast - related firewall rules. That should be re-created again ("learning mode" or equivalent) when avast tries to connect again.

Do you have any firewall rules for the game (or related)? Do the same: delete them so they can be re-created.

AFTER discarding firewall issues...

If there is a specific direction, you might want to try (but I'm not sure this problem is related to it):

Avast main GUI > settings > troubleshooting > redirect settings > "ignored addresses". Add here the specific address, if there is such.

Maybe Gargamel has some more inputs, if you can answer his question about the cheat code.

LordXombie

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2011, 03:17:59 PM »
Just to discard any potential problems with your firewall, please delete any avast - related firewall rules. That should be re-created again ("learning mode" or equivalent) when avast tries to connect again.

Do you have any firewall rules for the game (or related)? Do the same: delete them so they can be re-created.

AFTER discarding firewall issues...

If there is a specific direction, you might want to try (but I'm not sure this problem is related to it):

Avast main GUI > settings > troubleshooting > redirect settings > "ignored addresses". Add here the specific address, if there is such.

Maybe Gargamel has some more inputs, if you can answer his question about the cheat code.
ok but im not trying to use cheats i just want to play my game... the hackshield comes with the game... i dont know how the hack shield could be differnt or something.

-Edit- so wait you want me to delet my packet rules for my firewall?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 03:26:32 PM by LordXombie »

LordXombie

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2011, 04:03:39 PM »
If its a problem with a hackshield....well, Avast! has had such before, and so have other AV vendors.  Since anti-cheats are basically rootkits, they do have a hard time getting along.

What specific anti-cheat are you speaking of?
what do you mean?

threen

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2011, 04:07:32 PM »
test later.maybe you are right.