Author Topic: Intel Bluetooth obexsrv.exe and open in sandbox  (Read 6138 times)

mouse

Intel Bluetooth obexsrv.exe and open in sandbox
« on: December 14, 2011, 01:13:47 AM »
On my new laptop running Win 7 and Avast 6.0.1367, I am getting the alert File: Program Files (x86)\Intel\Bluetooth\obexsrv.exe opened by System32\services exe and whether I want to open this in the sandbox (recommended) or normally.

Could someone please tell me what this file actually does and what the effects would be of opening it in the sandbox. I am familiar with sandboxes as such, but I don't know when I would use the above file and what processes or data is generated and subsequently lost when run in a sandbox. This alert comes up every time I boot up the laptop.

iyogisolutions1

Re: Intel Bluetooth obexsrv.exe and open in sandbox
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 03:13:22 AM »
Hi,
    We don't have an issue here. We are using the same bluetooth software here too. So are you getting the same popup when you set the sandbox to run obexsrv.exe normally?

mouse

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 04:03:50 AM »
yogi,

I don't have an issue - it's just I don't know how to answer the alert. I can either run the program in the sandbox or outside but without knowing the consequences of this, I don't know what to say.  I am happy to run my browsers or pdf files inside a sandbox but since I am not sure what the bluetooth exe is doing in the first place, I don't know if enforcing the sandbox may have unintended consequences.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 12:12:23 PM »
It's a clean file that triggers the autosandbox all the times...
Add it to autosandbox exclusion list.
The best things in life are free.