Author Topic: Avast slows down virtual machine extremely  (Read 9980 times)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Avast slows down virtual machine extremely
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2011, 11:43:26 PM »
Which reminds me that script shield, which is installed according to the picture, depends on other shields, if I'm not mistaken.

You're right, the script shield needs the behavior shield to run.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Helveticus

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2011, 12:36:47 AM »
Yes this could be that I did not install the behaviour shield, but I'm not sure, I don't know if I could unmark the behaviour shield at install, it's a long time ago. I don't need the script shield.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2011, 02:44:33 PM »
You can configure avast installation AND, after it is running, you can remove/uninstall any of its shields.
The best things in life are free.

Helveticus

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2011, 09:00:34 PM »
So the only thing I can do is to deactivate Avast, then starting the virtual machine and after that reactivate Avast. No other things works.

Is it possible to activate Avast only after some minutes after the pc starts? For example activate Avast after 10minutes after pc starts. Or is it possible to deactivate Avast or the shields for a planned period?

ady4um

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2011, 09:15:23 PM »
You know that avast has a built in help, right?

The shields can be paused from the tray icon.

For avast to be "delayed" on startup, it's a little bit more complicated (it is not in the main GUI of avast), and there shouldn't be any real need for that anyway. Simply pause the shields for 10 minutes from the tray icon and reactivate them when you want them again (also from the tray icon).

Helveticus

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2011, 10:25:50 PM »
Thank you.

So how can I delay it on startup?

And how can I automate the pausing of the shields? For example if every day at 5pm the shields should be stopped for 10 minutes.