Author Topic: [SOLVED] Lost my avast! activation license  (Read 4659 times)

iteststuff

[SOLVED] Lost my avast! activation license
« on: December 14, 2011, 02:27:41 PM »
Hi everyone,

I purchased avast! Pro some months ago, and now i got a big problem on my computer :

Avast says something like : "Avast has been stopped or is unstable" and i can't run it again...

(The service is down..)

I decided to reformat my computer (everything is going bad, freezes and bugs) but here is the problem :

I deleted my license file, and of course i don't remember what mail address i used..

So is there a solution to recover my license file ? or at least and at first my registration mail ?

Thank you for your help!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 09:29:16 PM by iteststuff »

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: Lost my avast! activation license
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 02:36:43 PM »
Do you use that many e-mail addresses? With the e-mail address, you can simply use the license re-send form on our web.
How about the confirmation e-mail you got on purchase?

iteststuff

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 02:50:53 PM »
When i registered i had a problem with my main email address  ::)
So i think i took a "random" mail address to register with, and once avast has been completly registered i deleted the license file thinking avast! will be fully registered for one year.

But now i have some real problems on my computer, and i remarked that i just don't remember my mail address. (I already tried the re-send form, that's why i'm asking here)

Isn't there any method to retrieve my registration mail ?  ???

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 02:59:39 PM »
Well, try to contact support@avast.com - but you need to supply them some info that makes it possible to find the corresponding license (though I'm not sure what it might be; if you know neither the e-mail address you used nor the customer number which was in the license file... some personal info you entered during the purchase maybe - if you did); without it, it's simply impossible to find.

But even then, having a different e-mail and no receipt, it might not be easy to tell that it's really you who the license belongs to.

iteststuff

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 03:06:11 PM »
Ok ok,

So at first i will try to correct that bugs and run avast! correctly.

If it doesn't work i will search again and again for the mail address.

And if nothing worked, i'll contact the support.

Thank you for your help!

Have a nice day

ady4um

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 03:41:54 PM »
The original method of payment should be registered, somewhere. Bank account or whatever. So look for your payment information and try to find something meaningfull for the sales department, so they could validate you.

Besides that, you can download the same edition you purchased and use it for 30 days as trial, until you get the info to get the new resend license file to apply to your trial version.

iteststuff

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 03:46:22 PM »
Yes i have the payment informations, thanks for your help  :)

iteststuff

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2011, 07:44:00 PM »
I JUST FOUND IT!

I used an alias address, that's why nothing was found with my main address.
This thread is now solved  ;D

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2011, 08:48:50 PM »
You can modify your original post, change the topic title to include [Solved] in it at the start or end of the title.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security