Author Topic: Web rep and firefox 8  (Read 3433 times)

selen

Web rep and firefox 8
« on: December 15, 2011, 01:20:06 PM »
Hi, I have installed the latest version of firefox on my computer, but avast web rep doesn't work on the browser...is it incompatible? Can you help me?

iyogisolutions1

Re: Web rep and firefox 8
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 01:30:10 PM »
You have to enable third party add-ons such as the webrep in Firefox 8.You will get an addon screen after you update to Firefox 8.You have to check the option,to allow Webrep

selen

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 01:33:11 PM »
You have to enable third party add-ons such as the webrep in Firefox 8.You will get an addon screen after you update to Firefox 8.You have to check the option,to allow Webrep
Avast says that web rep is correctly installed on firefox, but it doesn't appear on the browser

Offline Gopher John

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 03:18:27 PM »
Avast says that web rep is correctly installed on firefox, but it doesn't appear on the browser

In Firefox Add-ons tab, does Avast Webrep show up?  If it is disabled, it will be listed at the bottom of the tab.  You should be able to enable it there, as you state that AvastUI shows it installed for Firefox.

If it shows enabled in Firefox Add-ons tab, then you may have to right-click on the Firefox Navigation Toolbar and select Customize.  Then you can drag-n-drop the WebRep icon to the location of your choice.
AMD A6-5350M APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 8.0GB RAM, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE11
i7-3610QM 2.3GHZ, 8.0GB Ram,  Nvidia GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE 11
Common to both: Avast Premium Security 19.7.2388, WinPatrol Plus, SpywareBlaster 5.5, Opera 12.18, Firefox 68.0.2, MBam Free, CCleaner

selen

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 04:04:03 PM »

In Firefox Add-ons tab, does Avast Webrep show up?  If it is disabled, it will be listed at the bottom of the tab.  You should be able to enable it there, as you state that AvastUI shows it installed for Firefox.

If it shows enabled in Firefox Add-ons tab, then you may have to right-click on the Firefox Navigation Toolbar and select Customize.  Then you can drag-n-drop the WebRep icon to the location of your choice.

I have solved the problem :) I had to enable web rep for firefox and then re-able it while the browser was opended. Then restart firefox and web rep now works! Tnatk to everybody :)

iyogisolutions1

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2011, 06:08:45 PM »
You are welcome