Author Topic: Any spy software which are 'antivirus-approved'?  (Read 2167 times)

ahmadka

Any spy software which are 'antivirus-approved'?
« on: December 16, 2011, 08:03:47 AM »
I want to use a spy software with which I can monitor my PC's activities, but whichever program I download to try out, gets blocked by avast antivirus which I have installed .. So does anyone know of any spy software (personal or business level based) which is 'antivirus-approved' ? That is, avast knows its a legitimate monitoring software which should NOT be blocked ? It can free or commercial .. I have no problem with that ..

true indian

Re: Any spy software which are 'antivirus-approved'?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 08:12:07 AM »
these spy softwares are illegal to use...and they normally contain malicious software in themselves u dont what to take the risk of getting infected do u?

i recommend to stay away from such software as they be potentially dangerous  ;)

ady4um

Re: Any spy software which are 'antivirus-approved'?
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 11:06:12 AM »
@ahmadka,

Do you mean a keylogger, or some "parental control" or "policy" or similar type of tools?

The thing is that no AV should give that type of "approval" for such tools. As with many other things in life, they can be used for different purposes, and avast (or any other security tool for that matter) shouldn't be responsible for taking such decision; only you can.

Essentially, that's the concept of "PUP": Potentially Unwanted Program. Such a software could be potentially useful and wanted, or could be a risk and unwanted, depending on the user/target and the use/goal.

You could add temporary exceptions / exclusions to avast shields so to be able to download and install such a tool, but you should really know what you are doing. To be clear, I am just answering to your question, but I am not actually recommending any particular action. It's up to you and it is your own responsibility.