Author Topic: Yet another problem with avast 4.5 and YahooPops  (Read 2481 times)

shatadal

Yet another problem with avast 4.5 and YahooPops
« on: November 23, 2004, 02:15:01 AM »
Before updating to avast 4.5 I had the following prefs to use yahoopops 0.6 with thunderbird.

Mail client : Thunderbird 0.9

Incoming

POP

incoming server: localhost
username: <username>@yahoo.com#localhost:<port#1>
server port numbers: 110

Outgoing

outgoing server: localhost
username: <username>@yahoo.com#localhost:<port#2>
server port number: 25

I have yahoopops running on ports <port#1> and <port#2>.

After updating to avast 4.5 the incoming server is working perfectly. The e-mails are being scanned by avast. However the outgoing server is not working. I get an error message. It is as follows:

An error occured while sending mail. The mail server responded: Cannot connect to SMTP server localhost (127:0.0.1:25), self connecting.

I even tried in OE6 with the same settings and again while the incoming server settings work and the mails are scanned the outgoing server settings give me the same error:

The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was '<username>@yahoo.com'. Subject 'Test', Account: 'YahooPOPs', Server: 'localhost', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 Cannot connect to SMTP server localhost (127.0.0.1:25), self connecting', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC78

Since the same settings worked with the previous version of avast, I suspect that the problem is being caused by avast 4.5.

I will be greatly obliged for any help.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re:Yet another problem with avast 4.5 and YahooPops
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2004, 08:41:41 AM »
And what is the os?
Did you searched this board? (I guess not)
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=8607 read what I, Igor and Vlk posted on the first page in that thread.

shatadal

Re:Yet another problem with avast 4.5 and YahooPops
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2004, 09:05:03 PM »
Thanks. I stumbled upon the solution though, which is pretty simple. change the server port numbers to <port#1> and <port#2> from 110 and 25 and add <port#1> to PopRedirectPort and <port#2> to SMTPRedirectPort in the .ini file. Avast then scans both incoming and outgoing messages.