Author Topic: Didn't get feedback when I submitted a suspected virus sample at virus@avast.com  (Read 2663 times)

vegetarianmeatloaf

So I recently sent a suspected virus sample at virus@avast.com, but got no replies. Does avast confirm receipt of suspected virus sample emails? Also, will I be updated if my suspected virus sample is indeed a virus or failed the tests (it would be nice if avast does this)?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
1. Does avast confirm receipt of suspected virus sample emails?
2. Also, will I be updated if my suspected virus sample is indeed a virus or failed the tests (it would be nice if avast does this)?

1. No.
2. No.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

vegetarianmeatloaf

1. Does avast confirm receipt of suspected virus sample emails?
2. Also, will I be updated if my suspected virus sample is indeed a virus or failed the tests (it would be nice if avast does this)?

1. No.
2. No.
:(

Is there a reason for doing this (non-confirmation of receipt of virus sample emails)? Looks like I'll never know if avast got it.

Also, is there another way to know if the sample I sent will be added to avast's next update of its definitions (or not)?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
1. Is there a reason for doing this (non-confirmation of receipt of virus sample emails)? Looks like I'll never know if avast got it.

2. Also, is there another way to know if the sample I sent will be added to avast's next update of its definitions (or not)?

1. I guess they're too busy to reply to every mail, keep in mind there's a huge userbase.
2. No, afaik.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

ady4um

Do you have the suspect file in avast's chest?

If so, then right click on the specific line and scan it. Avast will use the latest definitions. Once avast gives the result as clean, you can restore your file and be confident with the result.

If the result is not clean, then wait for the next update and try again.

You can also resend the file from the chest itself, also with right click. Just leave it there (as oppose to deleting it from the chest), so the file will be uploaded to avast in the next definitions update, if not earlier.