Author Topic: defrag crashes comp???  (Read 21327 times)

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re:defrag crashes comp???
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2004, 08:04:26 PM »
I did check every option possible before scanning and the attachment I attached was made before I checked the options, so it should tell us more information, right?
I ment checking the log after yoy had enabled all logging options and trying to defrag.

Also enable DrWatson (Windows component) and let it generate a log.

XtremeKirby

« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2004, 03:22:00 AM »
Hi,

Well im not an expert in this area, but mabey trying RejZoR's power defragmenter will solve the problem?
Check this out... I ran RejZoR's Power defragmenter and after it finishes, I ran the regular defrag utility. Guess what? No BSOD!!! ;D ;D ;D I don't know if it is RejZoR's Power defragmenter that fixed the problem or its just that there is nothing else to defragment. (When I mean nothing else to defragment I mean that the Power Defragmenter already defragmented most of the files so defrag wouldn't have to do anything else.  

Usually, before I had this problem, it takes me 2-8 seconds to start up, but now it takes a whole 2 minutes.
Although, I still have this problem, don't know if it is related though.

??? Very Confusing...

Thanks

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2004, 12:34:05 PM »
Usually, before I had this problem, it takes me 2-8 seconds to start up, but now it takes a whole 2 minutes.
Although, I still have this problem, don't know if it is related though.

Do you mean that boot is delayed?
So, try Startup Delayer.
It's the only freeware I've found that controls the windows startup (Windows 98\Me\2k\XP) that does not follow a strict order.

You can set some applications to start very after the boot (logon) itself.  ;)
The best things in life are free.