Author Topic: Getting notified of viruses after scan  (Read 3858 times)

BarryII

Getting notified of viruses after scan
« on: July 13, 2009, 03:30:04 AM »
Is there a way to make a scan finish before you're asked what to do with the found viruses?

norel

Re: Getting notified of viruses after scan
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 05:05:30 AM »
I've read in some others discussions here that it's only possible in the Professional version.

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 10:43:30 AM »
Discussed fairly regularly, here.
My preferred workaround is to place a virus test file (this is an industry-produced "fake" virus signature, downloadable from Eicar, near the beginning of the scanning area. (Check your scanned items at the beginning of the scan to see where this should be.)
You'll have to disable the webshield briefly to download the file.
Once the file is placed, carry out a scan. Wait until the file is alerted, choose "no action", and tick the box "do not show me this again next time".
At the end of the scan, you can view the report and decide appropriate actions.

Search "scheduled scanning" or "automatic action" in the forum.
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 04:00:55 PM »
These automated options are only available in the Pro version. This is a limitation of the Home (free) version that it has interactive input requirement, there have to be differences in the Home/Pro version and this is one of them, the programmers have to eat ;D

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

BarryII

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 02:52:12 AM »
This is a limitation of the Home (free) version that it has interactive input requirement, there have to be differences in the Home/Pro version and this is one of them, the programmers have to eat ;D

Has this changed? I think my last scan ran all the way through without my input even though it found a virus.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 03:34:50 AM »
Considering you have breathed life into your old topic (almost two and a half years old) relating to avast 4.8.

No it isn't a requirement in avast 6.0 as your later topic attests.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security