Author Topic: avast! On Acess Scanner Message  (Read 3358 times)

netgaijin

avast! On Acess Scanner Message
« on: November 22, 2004, 11:36:26 AM »
Hi all,

Thanks to Alwil and the entire Avast team that they provided such a nice anti virus, and that too free of cost. I am trying it out after my Norton expired and was looking for another anti virus when I stumbled on this from Cnet. I have had no problem till now, and I dont think there will be in future, what with Alwil being hard on the job. Thank You!

I keep getting this "avast! On Access Scanner Message" whenever I do anything in my PC. And the blue screen that pops up in the right bottom corner shows that avast is scanning this file or that, and sometimes it scans so many files that half of my screen is full of the message. The message screen is with blue top and yellow base.  ???

Is there any way I can stop avast from showing me this screen? If yes, please let me know, I could not find it in this forum, or in the FAQ or in the Help file.

Thanks in advance to all users in this forum and to everyone else who takes the pain in helping us. Thank you and God Bless all!

Netgaijin

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re:avast! On Acess Scanner Message
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2004, 01:58:04 PM »
Untick 'Show detaile info on performed actions' see image below.

Also check out the avast help file - Resident Protection: Standard Shield - Advanced
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2004, 01:58:07 PM »
Is there any way I can stop avast from showing me this screen? If yes, please let me know, I could not find it in this forum, or in the FAQ or in the Help file.

In fact, you choose for it as it is not the default action of avast. If you set this option, the resident protection will inform you about the files currently being tested. The information will be displayed in the bottom right corner of the screen, right above the system tray. Oh, it's on the help file  8)

1) Left click the 'a' blue icon on system tray
2) Choose the Standard Shield provider
3) Click on Customize
4) Go to Avanced tab
5) Uncheck 'Show detailed info on performed action'.

Edit: oops, David was faster  8)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2004, 01:58:37 PM by Technical »
The best things in life are free.

netgaijin

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2004, 06:07:24 AM »
Thanks David and Technical for your help!! I did as you told and the messages are gone. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Netgaijin