Author Topic: Event ID: 4226 TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed... At Boot-up  (Read 38019 times)

fidmas

Re: Event ID: 4226 TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed... At Boot-up
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2011, 11:59:35 PM »
I may not have made that clear.  The Local Area Connection "IS" the DSL-Gateway.

fidmas

« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2011, 03:35:41 PM »
As expected, I dowered up this morning, which applies power to the DSL-Gateway/Router/whatever.  Everything comes up with no drama.  See attached.  5 minutes later, avast updated just fine.  So, i think we can call this resolved.

Since my wife's machine, on this little LAN gets the same 4226 events, I'll do the same on hers.  I don't expect a problem, but I'll yell if I have any.

Over the years I've been using avast, I love it, but seem to find that program updates never really go smooth.  Version 4 to 5 required a cleanup and fresh install.  Version 5 to 6 required a cleanup and fresh install.  Now, with this last upgrade to 6.0.1367 the 4226 events at boot-up showed up.  A cleanup and reinstall fixed it again.  Not an insult I hope.  Just a question.  Do you see many others with this inability to do smooth program updates?

Anyway, Thanks again for the help and Merry Christmas. :-)

/Bob
--

ady4um

« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2011, 05:55:21 PM »
Well, I can't really say if I see many with program updates not functioning at all.

First, I am just a common user. I don't work for avast, so I don't really know any stats. I could only base my guess only on what I see here in the forum, which is not a good measurement. Users don't usually post "my program update was fine", except for some few forum users when testing beta versions (which is nothing when comparing with the whole user base of avast).

Moreover, most program update issues are usually resolved with a couple of posts, since usually the problem is solved with very few simple steps.

About my own personal experience in my own system, I am still using the same old path of avast 5, since the update from 5 to 6 was successful.

I'm not saying there were no "bumps" at all, but in several years of using avast I have only cleaned previous installations so to make clean new ones only twice, and the reasons were not necessarily related to avast.

Since you haven't specified what exactly was the problem when updating from avast 5 to 6, I can't tell you if there was some simpler solution other than a complete clean install anew. It is possible the solution was simpler than that, but we will never know now :).

Since I am still using the old path, I will probably clean up the old installs before the upgrade for avast 7. So that would be my third time, and this time will not be related to any problem at all, but just to reduce the chances of potential future conflicts and to be more helpful to other forum members by having a similar installation as theirs.

I'm glad you have no more issues. Let us know if you find more issues in the future.

fidmas

« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2011, 06:25:42 PM »
I just got done doing the same thing to my wife's machine.  This time to the letter of your instructions.  She had a lot more to clean up.  I guess I wasn't doing my job maintailing that box. :-0  All seems perfect there now also.
Since you haven't specified what exactly was the problem when updating from avast 5 to 6, I can't tell...
Geez.  I don't remember.  I don't remember every fire like you must.  People ask about my own software, and I have to go look in my Edit History if it's been more than a month. :-)

Anyway, I think a fresh install will be the rule after this.

I'll never really know what avast had to do with that half-open threshold exceeded, but it's gone now.

Thanks again,
Bob
--