Author Topic: "no end points for the end point mapper"  (Read 15730 times)

rhray

"no end points for the end point mapper"
« on: December 19, 2011, 08:05:42 PM »
My computer has developed a troubling set of problems that I would like to describe. Last evening my Paid version of Avast ceased functioning altogether. Any attempt to do anything with AVAST hits a wall stating  “there are no end points for the end point mapper”.

The thing that is  SCARY is something is preventing my computer from completing a System Restore no matter which date I choose. I think that takes the sophistication of the problem to a whole new sinister dimension.

The only download I’ve done recently is acquire new drivers for a HP Scanjet from the HP Site.

My wife’s computer also using Avast is working fine, so this difficulty is unique to my machine.

I can’t submit a Ticket because I don’t have a password. I can’t get one because that pathway is also blocked. Other than having Avast disabled my computer seems to be functioning normally at this point. I ran a full Windows Defender scan and it found nothing.

I would hate to have to uninstall Avast and change Anti Virus providers. Unless I can resolve this issue fairly quickly, I’m afraid that is my only alternative.

Your thoughts Please.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: "no end points for the end point mapper"
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 08:50:38 PM »
have you tried avast repair and reboot ?

Windows, Add Remove programs, select 'avast! Anti-Virus,' click the Change/Remove button from the pop-up window, scroll down to Repair, click next and follow.

rhray

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 10:10:40 PM »
Thank for that, but the message I get when I try to repair is "Error processing packages. Please use full updates."
When I try to update I cannot because Avast isn't running and I cannot make it run.
Any other ideas?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 10:24:23 PM »
first check for malware...run a quick scan with this

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.51. http://filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/
alaways make sure it is updated before you start a scan
click on the remove selected  button to quarantine anything found

post the scan log here

then i suggest reinstall avast...
run this and reboot first..then reinstall
http://www.avast.com/en-eu/uninstall-utility

rhray

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 01:32:47 AM »
Malwarebytes found no infections either with quick or full scan.
I am unable to get into safe mode but I did remove avast using add/remove programs.
Then I was able to access system restore, which I couldn't before, and rolled it back to a week ago. Avast came back, but it is still crippled even though at that restore point it was not.
Could the problem have come from a download at HP:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=28447&prodTypeId=15179&prodSeriesId=28441&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=228#1130

This is the driver for scanjet 4400c and 4470c. There were 2 downloads of 63.4 MB and 1.2 MB. After the download I did a defrag and that is when the problem was first noticed.

I haven't tried reinstalling AVAST

rhray

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 04:11:12 AM »
After the system restore I removed Avast once more using add/remove programs. Then I reinstalled the free version and it too is crippled same as before.