Author Topic: ..:: Few skins at version 2 ::..  (Read 12668 times)

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re:..:: Few skins at version 2 ::..
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2004, 09:14:59 PM »
Speaking of skins. I really would like to have a tutorial on how to create them with PaintShop Pro.

SKYCOMP

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2004, 12:18:33 AM »
At the expense of opening a new topic can someone guide me to the Avast! sounds department?

I found the new skins coupled with some new sounds make for even a more interesting Avast! Anti_Virus.

SKYCOMP

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2004, 12:24:45 PM »
Anyone??? ???

I been away for a few months so if its right under my nose i can handle the ribbing  :D

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2004, 12:40:35 PM »
What sounds ? Those sounds are integrated into skins. Do you mean, event sounds like "Virus found", "virus database is updated" etc. ?

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2004, 05:49:24 PM »
Sasha - downloaded ver. 2 of my favorite, the RejZor one, a couple of days ago, and thanks for the heads-up.  Nothing "new" jumped out at me, but maybe the changes in that one were too subtle for my limited perception.

And to you and/or the team -- other than on the download page itself, I can't find anything showing that it's ver. 2 rather than the "original".  Maybe a minor change of file-name would help tell them apart?
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2004, 06:12:53 PM »
Take a look in here:

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=8962

Take a good look at the very first post by that guy... actualy his post doesn't matter in this case, but the picture he posted is RejZor-Sharp screenshot. Also, take a look at reply number 4 by me. You'll see what's the difference. Those additional windows that you open later while using avast! are not the same like before... now, they match the main screen.

Regarding changing of file-name, I'm not sure, but unlikely it's gonna happen. It would bring more confusion then good. This way, we are sure that old versions are overwriten in your skins directory on your local disk. If I changed something and fixed some issues in old skin version, that means we don't wanna see people are still using old versions (with those issues we found and fixed in new versions).

Cheers !
« Last Edit: November 22, 2004, 06:14:51 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2004, 08:49:57 PM »
Thanks Sasha -- I guess my perception's shot to hell, between advancing years and head injury, but I still can't see the difference.   :-[

But what the heck, it looks nice and it works well, and that's what counts.

With regard to the version/filename question, I only meant that there's apparently no way to see at a glance if you already have the most up to date version of a skin, other than by paying very close attention to that download page (and of course to notices posted here).
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2004, 11:03:29 PM »
Here is the screenshot of old RejZor-Sharp and New RejZor-Sharp skin... I guess, now... the difference is obvious. As I said before, those extra windows that opens in avast! when you choose SETTINGS or SELECT SKIN or any other option from the MENU, now has exactly the same style as main window (see top part of the RejZor-Sharp skin where it says avast! antivirus. It is Windows XP Blue style... now those additional windows are exactly the same style. Before, if was like wide white area with horizontal stripes... Also, those little buttons (Minimize, Help, Close) are WinXP styled too.

Cheers !