Author Topic: Removing the "notification icon" warning.  (Read 26145 times)

cooby

Re: Removing the "notification icon" warning.
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2012, 03:59:28 AM »
Thanks all. I can see that on the phone it fills the taskbar.
Mine, on Toshiba Thrive, is as tiny as DavidR posted from Galaxy.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/210/screen201201052137.jpg/

peterasimpson

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2012, 04:47:28 PM »
So, are you saying that I can remove the icon from the notification tray and Avast will still work, just that Avast might be stopped by the OS if my phone or tablet memory runs low.

Memory running how is not an issue in my case. I just don't want the logo there. Other applications I have installed allow you to remove the icon and the app still works.

Basically, even though I gave 87 applications installed on my tablet, not one of them has an icon on the notification bar even when running in the back ground. I will admit, the hand full that did gave me the option to hide their icons so I did.

;D

avast_username

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2012, 07:36:33 AM »
Here is a question:

How is the theft part separated from the avast mobile security suite, especially regarding this icon?

For instance- I presumably can install the security suite, then install the theft app which hides itself, and then uninstall the security suite and have the theft portion still running.  In this scenario, no icon would be showing.  Is this an Issue?

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Massive Poster
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2012, 08:45:15 AM »
If you remove the Mobile Security part, you probably want to be secured against thieves above everything else. Because of that, Anti-Theft doesn't show any icon if not necessary (it shows an icon when an update is available, but only in the case the device is not lost/stolen).

Filip

hanschke

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2013, 09:54:19 PM »
I think it is much better to disable it. Anyone who see this icon knows that I can search for the phone with gps and so hidding antitheft is stupid.

If I disable it the only risk is that if the memory will low the task is closed? It is only the antivirus part and not so important like antitheft.

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Massive Poster
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2013, 07:09:09 PM »
That is correct, Anti-Theft won't be affected in any way if you disable the icon in Mobile Security.

Filip