Author Topic: Using Anti-Theft without avast! Mobile Security, among other things  (Read 5180 times)

pew

1) I just uninstalled avast! Mobile Security and Anti-Theft seems to be working fine standalone, so I'm guessing I won't run into any complications using only Anti-Theft?

2) I noticed Anti-Theft had an auto-update function--will I only get notified when there's an update available, or will the app download and install the update automatically?

3) After setting up Anti-Theft, I simulated a lock. However, the pop-up with my custom lock text didn't override the pattern lock. It wasn't until I unlocked the pattern lock that the pop-up appeared. Maybe it's supposed to be that way?

4) The SMS command "GET LOG" only retrieved the SMS, and not the call logs.

Question 3) and 4) might be due issues with ICS, since Android version 4.0.X isn't listed below "Operating Systems Supported"?

Thank you for a great app!

Cheers
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 03:36:28 AM by pew »

Offline Jan Gahura

• Avast team
    • ALWIL Software
Re: Using Anti-Theft without avast! Mobile Security, among other things
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 07:56:02 AM »
Hello,

1) It's perfectly fine to run the Anti-Theft standalone.

2) Unfortunately, it's not technically possible to autoupdate the Anti-Theft without a user interaction. You'll see a notification on new version which will guide you through the update process.

3) Yes, it's supposed to be that way.

4) It should return both SMSes and calls. Are you sure there were calls among the a most recent actions on your phone? I've tested this on my device and I received only calls as I don't have any messages it 10 most recent actions.

Anti-Theft should work on the ICS pretty fine.

Jan