Author Topic: Some questions regarding anti theft  (Read 7140 times)

Qvoth

Some questions regarding anti theft
« on: December 22, 2011, 03:38:21 AM »
So I've set up friends numbers that can send the sms command, but what number am I supposed to send this to if the thief changed the sim?
Unless the way it works is when the sim is changed, my friends will automatically receive an sms with the thief's number?
Another question, should I keep my phone's anti theft mode enabled all the time or just when it's lost?

Qvoth

Re: Some questions regarding anti theft
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 02:08:06 AM »
Ummm not a single reply after almost 100 views?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 02:26:07 AM »
People are curious and might want to know too, unfortunately it doesn't mean that they know the answer though, neither do I.

So it will need one of the development team to answer this or one of the previous users of Theft Aware as that is what the avast! anti-theft is based on. Why it didint get a response earlier todya I don't know. Most of those they will be on Central European Time, it is almost 1:30am in the UK and 2:30am in other areas of Europe.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Qvoth

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 09:27:26 AM »
I c
Thanks for the explanation
Hope we'll get answers soon, I'm having high hopes for this app

SlammedDime

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 08:08:48 PM »
From the Mobile Security page...

SIM-Card-Change Notification
If stolen and a different (unauthorized) SIM card inserted, the phone can lock, activate siren, and send you notification (to remote device) of the phone's new number and geo-location.
Whomever you setup as friends will get a text of the new information. (at least, thats how I interpret it)

Qvoth

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2011, 04:25:41 AM »
Still no official answer?
Come on....

mousi

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2011, 05:33:01 PM »
Still no official answer?
Come on....

This is the official answer:
From the Mobile Security page...

SIM-Card-Change Notification
If stolen and a different (unauthorized) SIM card inserted, the phone can lock, activate siren, and send you notification (to remote device) of the phone's new number and geo-location.
Whomever you setup as friends will get a text of the new information. (at least, thats how I interpret it)

It is mentioned in the program features page

svehlak

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2011, 06:49:53 PM »
Yes, in case of device lost, the thief should change the SIM - in this very moment sirene is on, phone is locked, device manager and ADB bridge (USB debugging) are disabled and your friends will receive new phone number from thief´s SIM and geolocation. In future, when the web portal will be active, you can track the locations and send SMS commands via web service.