Author Topic: Latest AV-Comparatives: avast last but one!  (Read 29797 times)

Diazruanova

Latest AV-Comparatives: avast last but one!
« on: December 22, 2011, 03:09:01 PM »
Interesting results, avast performing very bad  :'(

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Latest AV-Comparatives: avast last but one!
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 03:51:49 PM »
If you are going to be a slave scan test results, instead of your own personal experience you are going to be changing AVs on a monthly basis.

You have read more than one of these tests and the responses to them, so why start another one, vote with your feet if you don't like it. It might help if you also have the latest avast version 6.0.1367 or update your signature.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline gautam7

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 04:30:35 PM »
I am using avast from almost two years and never had a virus problem. Occasional scan with MBAM and Hitman pro also detects nothing. But still it does not feel good to be at near bottom everytime. Hoping with version 7 avast will improve its detection and removing capacity.  :-\
Lenovo B40 laptop/ core i3 4010U CPU (1.7 GHz)/ 4.0 GB RAM/500 GB HDD,OS: windows 10 64 bit, Browser: Google Crome/ FF (adblock plus, lastpass,) Security: Avast pro 10, MBAM (free).

true indian

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 04:37:35 PM »
yeah!

dont worry we know avast is best for us....thats why we are its users...its matter of trust and faith in a AV  :-*

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 04:40:09 PM »
Do you both honestly believe that avast doesn't strive to improve detections, that is the real question and if you don't then what are you still doing here; that really is the question.

I honestly couldn't give a stuff about various tests as they simply can't match real world use by a user.

I base conclusions on my personal experience of avast, on my real world use for over seven and a half years and not a single infection.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

true indian

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2011, 04:50:50 PM »
even i base conclusions on my personal use and experience sure avast can improve in test performance for me it is  still a AWESOME and my BEST AV! I STILL LOVE AVAST!  :) ;D :D

avast! has got excellent results in the lasts few tests this the first bad result so no worries we will have those good results back in 2012!

Offline gautam7

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2011, 05:04:17 PM »
The reason i like avast is due to its lightness, i have never used a AV as light as avast ans since i am with a old laptop my priority is to have a light AV. As i said before avast is doing its job and i am not going to change AV solely based on some test but i must say AV comparative is a reputable testing organisation and a simple standard badge is not for avast. Avast can be much better than that. As a company i like avast and have full faith on the avast team i am sure with version 7 avast will definitely get advanced plus from AV comparative.
Lenovo B40 laptop/ core i3 4010U CPU (1.7 GHz)/ 4.0 GB RAM/500 GB HDD,OS: windows 10 64 bit, Browser: Google Crome/ FF (adblock plus, lastpass,) Security: Avast pro 10, MBAM (free).

cadremis

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2011, 05:22:12 PM »
I'll stay with Avast anyway...rm

xtinguish

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2011, 05:26:58 PM »
Stick with Avast, you can safely ignore most antivirus tests as they are all biased in favour of one or the other. Also, remember all the help you can get from this brilliant forum. Combine Avast with Malwarebytes and you've got an unbeatable combination.  Your choice.

Diazruanova

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2011, 05:32:40 PM »
If you are going to be a slave scan test results, instead of your own personal experience you are going to be changing AVs on a monthly basis.

You have read more than one of these tests and the responses to them, so why start another one, vote with your feet if you don't like it. It might help if you also have the latest avast version 6.0.1367 or update your signature.

Relax dude, do not take it personally cause it makes you look as a fanboy. The fact about avast is that lately it is not doing so good on reputable tests as AV-comparatives and you´ll have to live with it, so do not get angry, relax and enjoy the Christmas holidays   ;)

circlingsky

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2011, 05:46:09 PM »
Just throwing in my two cents FWIW.  Since having avast recommended to us by an IT guy in my husband's company several years ago, my family has had one virus on one of our three machines, and it was a result of my daughter unknowingly clicking on one of those pop ups that state a system is infected.  My fault for not educating her on that particular scenario.  I'm by no means a fangirly and although I'm impressed with the avast staff, I would migrate to another company in a heartbeat if I felt I wasn't dealing with a quality product.  No matter how nice a company seems, I'm more interested in protecting my computers than going with blind loyalty  :)  I'm all for avast doing whatever they can to bring up their 'grade' in the AV comparative test, and I have no doubt they will, but overall, I couldn't be more pleased with their anti-virus.  It hasn't cost us a dime to keep our computers clean.  If things continue this way, I'll gladly be purchasing the full product.

dagrev

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2011, 05:58:20 PM »
Quote from Vlk on another recent thread regarding detection results:
First, let me say that the recent results (especially the Oct 2011 results) don't make me too happy. You're right that avast did quite poorly, and this needs to be fixed....

Enough said.

I believe avast is and will work to correct what they admit is a problem.  This is why I would like to hear from avast! about how the new will improve such findings.  This would encourage any who are thinking of paying for the products.  Many people factor in such results (some too heavily to be sure--other just ignore them).  Such results can cause avast! to lose it's market share of paying customers who are the ones actually making things possible.

Having said that, I will pay again in a couple of months to keep using AIS because I believe it's a great company with great people that offer a very good product worth actually paying for.  Additionally, the great advice in this forum and the education than can be gained from some wise people is equally wonderfully helpful.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 06:09:29 PM by dagrev »

Offline gautam7

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2011, 06:12:30 PM »
Quote from Vlk on another recent thread regarding detection results:
First, let me say that the recent results (especially the Oct 2011 results) don't make me too happy. You're right that avast did quite poorly, and this needs to be fixed....

Thanks for the info Dagrev its Good to know that avast is working on it

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2011, 08:48:42 PM »

Relax dude, do not take it personally cause it makes you look as a fanboy. The fact about avast is that lately it is not doing so good on reputable tests as AV-comparatives and you´ll have to live with it, so do not get angry, relax and enjoy the Christmas holidays   ;)

I couldn't be more relaxed, rather the opposite for you it seems, your the one getting emotional with the  :'( crying icon.

I don't take it personal at all and if you were a regular on the forums you wouldn't be calling me a fanboy (the last resort of a failed argument), if I see something wrong with avast I raise my voice as loud as anyone else, fanboy or otherwise.

I use avast because it suits my needs, is very flexible, configurable and has protected my system for over seven and a half years, should that ever change (an I don' need reviews/tests for that), I'm not married to avast.

I don't have to live with the results as I don't bother about them, it seems you are the one bothered about them and as I said if you don't like them vote with your feet.

Diazruanova

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2011, 01:48:26 AM »
DavidR]

...I don't have to live with the results as I don't bother about them, it seems you are the one bothered about them and as I said if you don't like them vote with your feet.

Well my friend, it also seems that I am NOT the only one that gets bothered with lousy results from avast, but VLK too and in any case, why on earth should anyone submit their product to torture tests if they do NOT give a damn about the results???

avast has the final word on this, and it is NOT mandatory to participate on any of these tests, but it seems that avast cares about it and they keep on participating, don´t they?  ...oh and in in any case, it also seems  that you are in desperate need of reassuring your fanboyish position, but trying to disguise it, so I´ll give you that and this is my last post on this thread.

Have some terrific holidays and do not worry too much about defending avast, I understand you can not do anything about it but jump instead when some one is posting avast´s lousy results (so much for self criticism and analysis) and BTW, the crying icon was not accurate at all, you are totally right, it should be a happy face instead because Christmas is coming and why on earth should I worry about this issue? at the end, they are just AV programs!  Merry Christmas for everyone!!!