Author Topic: stealth not working.  (Read 5141 times)

bertildiamant

stealth not working.
« on: December 25, 2011, 01:32:38 PM »
On my HTC Desire with Android 2.3.5.

Installed avast! Free Mobile Security yesterday and so far seems to be working except the stealth mode. During installation it asked if I wanted to enable stealth mode. I choose "yes" and also entered a new name for the application. It worked as designed and was hidden.

Now, a day later, I see that it is no longer hidden. It appears with the standard "avast mobile security" name in applications and all the time it is a small avast logo in the upper left corner in android.

I can not find any way to enable stealth again. I started the configuration, disabled anti-theft, rebooted the device, went into configuration, enabled anti-theft and rebooted the device. It is still NOT hidden.

How to fix this?

LunarWolf

Re: stealth not working.
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2011, 05:15:11 PM »
It is. You actually install two stuff. One is avast mobile security and the other is the anti theft feature. What you rename is the anti theft not avast mobile security. So if you uninstall avast mobile security, the anti theft feature will still be there (not uninstall)

What did you rename the anti theft as? Eg as "abc", do see "abc" in the list of apps when you browse your apps?

svehlak

Re: stealth not working.
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, 12:36:50 AM »
True, you can (just try it) uninstall the avast mobile security and then call the antitheft part by your PIN. The anthitheft interface should pop up.