Author Topic: Anti Theft and another security app.  (Read 5252 times)

AllenM

Anti Theft and another security app.
« on: December 25, 2011, 07:46:42 PM »
I had a question. I am using avast for the firewall (I am rooted) and the antivirus aspect of the app.
I had previously purchased Cerberus for security and I flashed it to my ROM so it can't be uninstalled. I like Cerberus a lot, but in your opinion would it hurt if I used Anti-Theft along with Cerberus, currently I don't have Anti-Theft activated.

Thanks all.

svehlak

Re: Anti Theft and another security app.
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 12:33:13 AM »
Well, since the applications are living side by side in Android OS, you can use antitheft and Cerberus together. Off course, as in most cases of AV and security software, the best practice is to use only one of them. There could be unpredictable behavior f.e. in case of using commands for locking the device with antitheft and Cerberus together.

AllenM

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, 02:20:05 AM »
Thanks for the input, I will use the AV and firewall part of the app and use Cerberus for my locate and lock software.

svehlak

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 03:38:32 AM »
Fair enough, I hope we will convince you in next moth, that our antitheft is far better than Cerberus (and still free)  :D

AllenM

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2011, 04:50:33 AM »
I am sure it is, I have a good experience with Cerberus, and I also already paid for it.  :)