Author Topic: Malwarebytes  (Read 9826 times)

kevbeck

Malwarebytes
« on: December 26, 2011, 06:17:39 AM »
I've heard that it is not good to run two antimalware programs together on a computer at the same time. Is it safe to run avast an mbam at the same time? Will these two programs still work efficiently to the fullest running simultaneously? Also, is there anyway on these forums to search for a specific post? Most website forums have a search option where users are able to type a word to find related postings. I highly recommend implementing this feature avast team! unless i'm missing this somewhere...? 

true indian

Re: Malwarebytes
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 06:24:48 AM »
Yes please mbam and avast can work together but remember u will have to pay for mabam pro.

also take a look at my signature below.

Gargamel360

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, 06:26:53 AM »
I've heard that it is not good to run two antimalware programs together on a computer at the same time. Is it safe to run avast an mbam at the same time? Will these two programs still work efficiently to the fullest running simultaneously?  
You shouldn't have 2 anti-virus installed.....anti-malware, thats a little different.
I'm assuming you mean MBAM Pro.  As long as you set up the necessary exclusions, yes it should be fine.
Also, is there anyway on these forums to search for a specific post? Most website forums have a search option where users are able to type a word to find related postings. I highly recommend implementing this feature avast team! unless i'm missing this somewhere...? 
Sure there is, look up top (see attachment)

true indian

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 06:37:06 AM »
thanks! for joining gargi  ;D

Gargamel360

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2011, 06:43:33 AM »
thanks! for joining gargi  ;D
Thank me by not calling me "gargi", strange little Indian.

And thank me twice by not using this post as an excuse to reply.   

true indian

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2011, 07:35:19 AM »
Thank me by not calling me "gargi", strange little Indian.

And thank me twice by not using this post as an excuse to reply.   

Sorry and sorry again gargamel360 i will never call u in that manner anymore and yeah i am not strange littile indian i am true indian  ;D

Gargamel360

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2011, 07:58:40 AM »

true indian

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2012, 06:50:01 AM »
 :o

akama1

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012, 10:42:24 AM »
avast forums comedy  ;)

Seany007

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2012, 11:30:57 AM »
I've heard that it is not good to run two antimalware programs together on a computer at the same time. Is it safe to run avast an mbam at the same time? Will these two programs still work efficiently to the fullest running simultaneously? Also, is there anyway on these forums to search for a specific post? Most website forums have a search option where users are able to type a word to find related postings. I highly recommend implementing this feature avast team! unless i'm missing this somewhere...?

U can run both yes... If you are talking about free version...

Hermite15

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2012, 11:42:17 AM »
Yes please mbam and avast can work together but remember u will have to pay for mabam pro.

so you're advising him to run the real-time version together with Avast ???  ::)

Khanat

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2012, 11:44:16 AM »
We have Malwarebytes and Avast 7 (both free versions) and haven't had a problem with either of them.

By the way, the search utility should be visible opposite your name at tbe top of the forum. See screenshot.

AdrianH

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2012, 12:03:41 PM »

so you're advising him to run the real-time version together with Avast ???  ::)

Why not, they work perfectly together providing you use the correct exclusions.  I run AIS7 and Malwarebytes Pro as do many others here.

Following the instructions here >>  http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=10138&st=0&p=417798&#entry417798  will make sute everything works correctly.

Offline AntiVirusASeT

• Poster
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2012, 12:10:11 PM »
well it should be okay for both MBAM and Avast! to run together realtime as the former is ring 3, the latter is ring 0/1 i.e. they operate at different levels in the kernel.

be sure to exclude both of them from each other to reduce system impact though.  ;)

kidd

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2012, 12:17:48 PM »
I've been running Avast Free, Malwarebytes Pro & Superantispyware both paid for some years now, without problems.